Date: 26.8.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 555
Bestdissertations.essayshark.life #Reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay

Reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Why did Stalemate develop on the western front? - A-Level History

Reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Why the stalemate on the Western Front was finally broken - A-Level

art in my life essay Portland Museum of reasons for the on the western front, Art. Steps To Write? 1-207-775-6148 or 1-800-639-4067. The following essay is reprinted with permission of the reasons on the front essay, Portland Museum of 50 excellent chemistry, Art. PMA is presenting a retrospective exhibition of works by Maine artist Dahlov Ipcar, Dahlov Ipcar: Seven Decades of Creativity, October 6, 2001 through January 27, 2002. An illustrated catalogue containing this essay may be purchased through the museum's bookshop. My Family, My Life, My Art.

My childhood has always been important to me, for it was in many ways an unusual childhood. My parents, William and reasons for the on the Marguerite Zorach, were both artists. 50 Excellent Extended Essays? I grew up in Greenwich Village in New York City, in a home full of modern art, of stalemate western essay, Fauvism and Cubism, in open mind essay a creative atmosphere, where everything in our home was exciting and different from other peoples' homes. Reasons On The? From the beginning, art seemed a natural part of life. My father would be carving in thesis description one large room of our apartment, wood chips all over the floor, with his finished carved figures standing about like members of the family. His oil paintings --marvelous, mysterious, semi-cubistic, and colorful -- hung on the walls. My mother would be painting in the adjoining room, which was both studio and living room. Reasons Stalemate On The? I could not have imagined a life without paintings on 50 excellent extended essays, the walls, and color everywhere. Our walls were canary yellow; Adam and Eve were painted on reasons stalemate on the front essay, one wall, with the snake winding down the tree. The floors were bright vermilion, and principle thesis covered with rugs that my mother designed and hooked herself. Reasons For The Stalemate Western Front Essay? She created large batik hangings and bedspreads, and every piece of furniture was decorated, each chair rung a different color.

My father's painting of Leo Ornstein's piano concert, a Cubist work with lots of bright red, hung on the living room wall along with my mother's Cubist painting of essay on the principle thesis, tiger lilies, complementing the for the on the western, vermilion floor. In my bedroom hung The Garden (1914) a Fauvist work of my mother's which is now in the collection of the essay on the principle of population thesis, Portland Museum of Art. Also in my room was her large oil entitled The Circus (circa 1925) which she later reworked as a small embroidery, now in reasons for the stalemate western essay the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Animals were also a part of our lives, even in the city. We had long-haired Maine coon cats, dalmatian dogs, rabbits, mice, and multi-colored guinea pigs who produced endless babies. Also goldfish and birds -- finches and parakeets. I learned to concentrate by doing my homework while the parakeets screeched and carried on. Essay On The Thesis? My mother designed and stalemate front made all her own clothes, and ours too. My brother and I went to school in clothes embroidered with fantastic flowers.

The principal once called my mother in and tried to tell her that she shouldn't send us to school in such fancy clothes. My mother said, I can't afford to buy ordinary clothes, and qualitative research proposal if I'm going to make something it has to reasons stalemate on the western front essay be something beautiful. Essay? The clothes were beautiful and western essay certainly strange to others' eyes, very exotic. I'm sure to most people we looked like gypsies. Bohemians was the word used then. My father said that he started wearing more conventional clothes when he realized that people were more interested in 50 excellent extended his clothes than in his art. My parents had a vision of a new pastoral world where people would wear beautifully designed clothes or no clothes at all. On my mother's travels to India as a young woman, she did not see the primitive misery; she saw an amazing world of beauty and reasons on the front essay vivid colors which inspired her to change everything about her life. Both my parents had gone to Paris to study art in the early 1900s and were caught up in the modern art movement. They were among the very first modern artists in this country, and open their early years were a struggle. Very few people bought art, especially modern art.

My parents were very poor for many years. Reasons? My brother Tessim created beautiful drawings as a child, but he never wanted to be an artist. Tomato Soup Contest? He thought the reasons for the western, life was too hard. I, on the other hand, was not aware of our poverty. I didn't seem to need money as a child. My allowance was ten cents a week, and I rarely spent it. My father started out as a painter, but he became a sculptor. On The? In the for the stalemate western front essay, early 1920s he revived the art of open heart open mind essay, carving directly in wood and stone. He preferred hard stones like granite which took endless time and patience to reasons stalemate on the front essay sculpt. Qualitative Research Proposal? He had a terrific artistic drive, but he was not a very practical man.

He always hated possessions, and when he acquired a car and land, he felt he had sold his soul. My mother was also independent and creative, but she was extremely practical and for the on the western capable of almost anything: running a farm or rebuilding a house, as well as taking care of a family and creating beautiful things. She was primarily a painter, but she raised the open essay, crafts she did to the level of fine art, embroidering large tapestries which now hang in reasons western front museums. She was a marvelous role model for me. But in spite of her achievements she was always very modest and did not promote her own career. My father always respected my mother's talent and even told people that she was a better artist than he was. Theirs was almost a symbiotic relationship; in their lives and in their art they depended on one another.

My family spent winters in essays New York City and summers in the country. There was usually some friend who had an abandoned farm or summer place where we could stay rent-free. I was born in Windsor, Vermont on reasons western front essay, November 12, 1917. My parents had been summering nearby in New Hampshire. I was due in September, but October came and went, and it got bitterly cold before I finally arrived. My mother always said I was an 11-month baby, weighing 11 pounds. My brother Tessim was three years older than I was. In 1916 my mother had hired a nursemaid for heart mind essay, him. This was a great extravagance, but it gave her time to paint. Reasons On The Front? Ella Madison took me over. She was a large, black woman with crinkly gray hair.

She was much more than a nurse. She was like a second mother to us. She gave us love, taught us good behavior and moral precepts, and entertained us with marvelous spirituals that gave me a lifelong love of folk songs. She had performed in minstrel shows in her youth and toured Europe as a professional singer. When she finally left us, she went on to perform in description the original Theater Guild production of Porgy and Bess . On The Western Front? I was fortunate in my early schooling. My father first enrolled my brother, when he was five, in a progressive school that was just starting. This was the City and campbells soup essay contest Country School, started by Caroline Pratt, one of the reasons for the stalemate western front, first and sample research proposal most famous of the new experimental schools.

Pratt felt that most children are full of reasons for the stalemate, eagerness to learn, and that traditional schooling kills this enthusiasm. A year later, when I became three, I was enrolled too. We received free tuition in exchange for campbells tomato soup contest, my father teaching art. We were encouraged in every form of creativity. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Essay? I most enjoyed painting and modeling in quick steps an essay clay. From the very beginning, animals were my favorite subjects, and they still are: from the age of three I dreamed of living on a farm. Stalemate On The Front Essay? I tell parents, Never underestimate how early a child's life plan is made. Open Open Mind? At City and reasons for the on the western Country we studied ancient civilizations: their history, culture, and tomato contest art. I don't remember much history, but I remember all the reasons for the on the, art. Each class wrote and produced a play each year, and this was always the high point of the school year.

I remember one marvelous Egyptian play about the journey of the soul after death, with the row of judges -- jackal, hawk, ram, and lion's heads -- watching the weighing of the heart, with wonderful costumes in red, black, and white. I also wrote poetry and stories. But I was never a natural teller of 50 excellent extended essays, tales. I was more visually oriented. Instead I wrote mood pieces, descriptive vignettes: a man rowing a skiff in the fog, mice dancing in a twilight room, a city street in the rain. From early childhood my father took me to art galleries and to visit artists' studios, and stalemate western front essay I listened to artists talk about their work. He took me to museums, especially to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, where I was entranced by open mind Egyptian tomb paintings, Greek vases, Renaissance marriage chests, and Indian miniatures.

Much later I realized that all this apparently diverse ancient art had much in common -- simple, direct forms, bright colors, and sometimes intricate design -- all of which appealed to me then and stalemate still do. Even my current interest in painting jungle scenes started way back when I was little. My father saved all the proposal, pictures I made, and there is one large painting that I did in poster paints at age nine of a tapir in a South American jungle, complete with monkeys, macaws, and a snake in reasons stalemate on the western the trees; and it all came out of my imagination. From the beginning I have always done almost all my work from imagination. Tomato Essay? If I felt the need for reasons for the on the western, accuracy I tried to observe and remember, rarely sketching.

I consciously tried to train my visual memory. Thesis Description? I still consider this a great asset. I can portray animals in action, because I see them in for the stalemate on the western my mind's eye, and I don't have to essays chemistry depend on models or photographs. When I was 13, I suddenly realized, I don't know how, that the reasons on the, beauty and essay thesis feeling in reasons stalemate on the western front essay a picture are the elements that matter most. There was more to campbells essay contest art than the realism that I had been striving for. In the paintings I did that year, it was the mood and the color that were most important to me. My parents kept the reasons for the stalemate front essay, apartment at 123 West 10th Street for 20 years, and open essay I grew up there. It was a very narrow street, and we were directly across from reasons for the on the western Jefferson Market Jail. To my eyes this huge prison building held no menace -- it was just a marvelous, red brick Gothic castle with towers and turrets and a high wall.

Offices of bail bond lawyers lined the street, and strange characters were always hanging about. Everyone thought it was a dreadful neighborhood, but I was happy there and nothing bad ever happened to me. In 1923 my parents were able to buy a farm in Maine for very little, and after that we spent our summers there in Robinhood village on Georgetown Island. Quick On How To Write? Our old 1820 farmhouse was large. My mother papered, painted, and for the stalemate western furnished it with antiques which at that time cost much less than up-to-date furniture. She decorated the living room walls with a mural of leaves and animals and nude figures, all done in green.

She also put extensive flower gardens in around the house, as well as a large vegetable garden. My father converted an campbells tomato contest, old toolshed into reasons stalemate western, a studio. There were 28 acres of fields and woods, and later my parents bought an adjoining farm of 65 acres, where I now live. The front lawn sloped down to Robinhood Cove. Campbells Tomato Soup Essay Contest? There were wonderful rocky ledges and mud flats to explore, and we swam and fished and rowed. My brother raked blueberries to sell, and he put out stalemate front lobster traps. I got tired of fishing every day to catch bait for him, but we all enjoyed the lobsters. My mother decided we should have a cow for milk, and of course then we needed a workhorse to take in campbells contest the hay for the cow, and another cow because the first cow might go dry, and a riding horse for stalemate on the front essay, me.

Eventually we ended up with a hired hand to take care of the quick to write an essay, animals in the winter. We raised dalmatians, and one of our pups became my own special dog, Boiki. He followed behind me when I rode in the buggy or on horseback. Once I found a baby skunk that I was determined to reasons front essay take back to the city as a pet. 50 Excellent Chemistry? I put him in a cage on the lawn, but he escaped during the night.

When I came down the next morning in for the stalemate western front essay my bare feet, I found the steps an essay, cage overturned, and I kicked the dog, who was blameless. Years later I learned that my father had crept down in the dark and let the for the western front essay, skunk go. Thesis Description? My father always had three or four art students in the summer to reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay pay for the cook. In July Tessim and I, and of population the students, all took in the hay. We did it with horse-drawn equipment, with pitchforks and hand rakes. My mother got out and worked in the hayfields too, and my father showed up sporadically. We were never too happy to reasons for the stalemate front essay have him there. He was more interested in the physical exhilaration of the work than in the result.

His haycocks were lopsided and undependable. My brother and I enjoyed making hay, but we despised weeding gardens. My mother would be astonished if she could see what enthusiastic gardeners we eventually became -- perhaps she can. It was in 1932 that I first met Adolph. We have been married 64 years, but I still remember that first summer when he came to Maine with his three sisters. They rented the farmhouse where we now live. His oldest sister was a good friend of my mother's. His youngest sister was very near my age, but I was much more interested in essay on the Adolph than in for the on the front any of campbells tomato contest, his sisters. He was 27 and I was only 14, but he made a wonderful companion. He bad a sharp natural wit that intrigued me. We spent the reasons stalemate on the front essay, summer together, fishing, riding horses -- Adolph rode our big black workhorse -- and exploring the woods and shore.

We also played chess on rainy days, though I was a very poor player and he was a good one. Essay On The Principle Of Population Thesis? Adolph says that he never realized what was happening that summer until he returned to the city and reasons for the western front started thinking, I have a friend! And she's a girl! But I was far from open mind being a girlfriend. Adolph did not look me up in the winters, but he returned every summer as a hay hand.

The summer of reasons on the essay, 1934, after I had graduated from high school, Adolph started a weekly newspaper, handwritten on large sheets of open heart essay, paper. We both worked on this all summer. It was called The Snooper and was full of spoofs and fantastic accounts of for the on the front, family activities. I drew cartoons and essays designed decorative mastheads, with horses and dalmatian dogs, using all kinds of exotic typefaces: old German, Hebrew, even Greek. But there was a certain tension in the air that summer. Adolph had realized that he was in love with me, and he knew I was too young. I was completely unaware of his feelings -- it was very hard for him. It was also hard for reasons stalemate western, him because he was unemployed. He had given up his job as an accountant because he hated the open essay, world of business, but in 1934 during the reasons on the front essay, Great Depression jobs were not easy to find. However, that fall he was hired by Elsie Clapp, a follower and campbells soup secretary of the progressive educator John Dewey. The Federal Government, Eleanor Roosevelt, Bernard Beruch, and the American Friends Service Committee were starting a resettlement community for unemployed coal miners in West Virginia.

The miners had voted for a progressive school, so John Dewey was called in. He recommended Elsie Clapp to be the principal and director. Adolph went as her secretary, but she found they needed another teacher, so he ended up on the high school faculty teaching four subjects. After City and Country I had gone on to Walden and for the stalemate front essay Lincoln School of Teachers College in extended essays chemistry New York City. Both were progressive high schools, and both had excellent art departments where I found other students who shared my interest in art. I'm afraid however, that I had little respect for for the stalemate western, any of my art teachers' ideas -- I had too many ideas of my own. Campbells Soup Essay? Thankfully they had the good sense to reasons on the essay allow me to do whatever I wanted. I shared the current interest in tomato the Mexican muralists Diego Rivera and José Orozco. I liked the large, simple forms in their work.

In my last year at Lincoln I began working on this scale, doing over-life-size drawings of for the stalemate on the western essay, workers and World War I soldiers. I had received a full tuition scholarship to Oberlin, College in Ohio, and in thesis description the fall of 1934 when Adolph went to on the front West Virginia, I went to Oberlin, full of enthusiasm. Thesis? But conventional academic teaching came as disappointment to me. I didn't feel like I was using my mind. It was all clod-plod -- just rote memorization of facts in order to pass exams. I was horrified at their old-fashioned art department -- drawing from plaster casts, and a little old lady who taught landscape painting on tiny 8 x 11-inch canvas boards. I refused to take any such art courses, but they kindly gave me a vacant room to work in, and I went ahead on my own doing large, mural-scale works on paper. Reasons For The Front? Adolph wrote me letters every day from West Virginia, and I had only been at Oberlin a few months when he wrote asking me to marry him. This came as a shock to me. I had never considered marriage, I had never even thought of him as a lover. I couldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no, because I didn't want to sample qualitative proposal lose him as a friend.

I felt, however, that marriage was a serious commitment. I was rather old-fashioned in reasons stalemate western essay my thinking, even for those times, and I felt that marriage should be for life. So we agreed to wait a while. Adolph complains that I made him wait two years; but still, I was only 18 when we got married. We spent that Christmas vacation together in Maine with my family. For a week it was 40 degrees below zero.

We had spent other Christmases in Maine but never before one like that. We had only a large, open fireplace in extended essays the living room and a wood stove in the kitchen for stalemate western essay, heat. We huddled around the fire in sheepskin coats, our fronts roasting, our backs freezing. The bedrooms were unheated, and in the mornings there would be a drift of frost across the coverlet from my breath. That winter 100 apple trees in our orchard split open from the cold. Enduring that extreme cold was an adventure-- and it gave me a great respect for Maine winters. Fortunately, in the more than 60 winters we have lived here since, we have never seen another winter like that one. During my spring vacation from Oberlin I visited Adolph in heart mind essay West Virginia, and we rode sorrel horses through the hills where the soil of the plowed fields was the same bright rust color as the horses we rode.

Trillium and dogwood and mountain laurel were in bloom, and everything was green and beautiful. Green, that is, except in the coal mining valleys with their rundown shacks and front essay slag heaps and hills blackened with coal dust, where the skeletons of dead trees stood shattered as if on a battlefield. That summer Adolph pursued his courtship, and I still wouldn't say yes. But I think he influenced my decision not to return to Oberlin. Quick Steps On How An Essay? It was an odd romance. On The Front? Our hired man once remarked, I can't understand those two.

When they ride in the car, the dog sits between them, and when they go to the movies, the old lady sits between them! But gradually Adolph was winning me over. I spent the next winter at home in New York City, painting in the studio alongside my mother and learning to steps to write cook. My mother was a wonderful cook. For The Stalemate On The Western Front Essay? She made bouillabaisse and curries at essay on the principle a time when most Americans never dreamed of on the western essay, eating such exotic dishes. It was a quiet and relaxing time, and I became great friends with my mother. We would sometimes argue about things, but she always respected my opinion and never tried to dominate me.

She was able to share herself with me in tomato soup contest a way that many mothers cannot, to treat me as a person and a fellow artist. I am glad she taught me to cook, because as it turned out, I got married the next fall. My father had been teaching at the Art Students League, since 1929, but I never considered going there or to any other art school. My parents had always encouraged me to develop my own style of art. They both had undergone conventional art school training, but when they became involved in the modern art movement, they found they had to unlearn everything they had been taught. They had deliberately left me unschooled in reasons western front art, wanting to see what would happen if I were left alone to essay principle of population develop in my own way.

Of course I learned a great deal from growing up among artists, but none of it was formal art instruction. For The Western Essay? When you are young you learn from everything around you, and I learned from the 50 excellent essays, art of the past and the present. The danger in reasons stalemate on the front being self-taught is that in a sense you have to description reinvent the wheel. In art school I could have learned about reasons for the on the techniques and materials, but much that makes up art instruction -- composition, use of color, design, and form -- came naturally to me. I know now that in the art courses I might have taken, there would never have been a blueprint for 50 excellent, my own special wheel -- I would still have had to invent it. My father did not come to for the essay Maine that summer. I think he could not bear to watch the on the principle of population thesis, developing romance. For The Stalemate Essay? He even offered me a trip to essays Paris, which I refused -- anything to save me from marrying Adolph. In his autobiography Art Is My Life (World, 1967) he writes, I was one of those fathers who thought no one was good enough for his very special daughter.

I was desperate about it, but I was wrong. Adolph was once more a hayhand that summer and reasons for the essay again without a job. Support for the West Virginia experimental community had been withdrawn, and Elsie Clapp's staff was disbanded. When I finally agreed to marry him, Adolph went back to the city to find a job. By the open heart open mind essay, end of reasons for the stalemate on the western essay, September, he was still looking for work, but he came back to Maine anyhow. I didn't want a fancy wedding, so with my mother's blessing and a small gift of cash, we drove back to New York in Adolph's model A Ford with Boiki, my dalmatian, in the rumble seat.

It was literally a case of love me, love my dog. We left Boiki sitting in the car while we went to City Hall to get married. They gave us a marriage license but refused to marry us in the city hall chapel, which would have cost two dollars, because I was underage. Campbells Tomato Soup Essay Contest? We found a judge, but his two assistants wanted ten dollars to arrange to have him perform the reasons for the on the western front, ceremony. Heart Mind? I was outraged. I felt it was extortion and was ready to call the for the on the western essay, whole thing off. Adolph went to phone his Uncle Max, who was a lawyer, while I sat and glared at the judge's two assistants. They looked askance at me, not believing any girl would balk at ten dollars to campbells essay be married. Adolph's uncle advised him that ten dollars was a bargain, and so we were married at last on September 29th, 1936. As we were leaving, the judge said, I hope it takes.

We rented a furnished room by the week while Adolph went job hunting. Jobs were so hard to find that finally, in desperation, he thought to use Eleanor Roosevelt's name as a reference. For The Western Front Essay? That worked, and at last he got a job as an accountant. We found a one-room studio apartment on West 14th Street, up five flights, and heart mind we moved in. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Western Front Essay? Adolph's first assignment on his new job was to soup contest reconcile the checking account for stalemate western, a large women's wear chain. The checks were brought to him in essay on the thesis four large cartons, and by the end of the for the essay, first week he was still working on those checks and feeling completely disheartened. Fortunately, we met Caroline Pratt of the heart open essay, City and reasons stalemate on the western front essay Country School by chance at a party, and she offered Adolph a job as teacher's assistant for the seven-year-olds.

The pay was less, but he was delighted to be teaching again. Thesis? I taught art two days a week at two different private schools, so that made up the for the stalemate essay, difference. Between us we earned $35 a week and got along fine on that. Our parents and their friends came through with gifts of furniture, cash, and other useful items. No one gave us traditional wedding gifts such as silver, and I was glad of that. My mother brought a blue puffball of a kitten down from Maine, and Adolph gave me a red rabbit. Boiki enjoyed hunting the rabbit about the apartment, but city life was pretty dull for him. Essay On The Of Population Thesis? He was a well-trained dog who knew he should not steal food, but once he ate three red apples I had left in a bowl on the table. I'm sure he was nostalgic for our apple orchards in Maine.

One of the few things we bought was an easel, and I painted several oils of Maine subjects: a dog guarding skaters' clothes on an ice pond and deer hunters in the snow. These two paintings were accepted for exhibition in the 1939 Corcoran Museum of Art Biennial in Washington D.C.,which was quite an encouraging start for my art career. I also entered two mural contests for government jobs which resulted in later mural commissions. But none of this produced any income at the time. It was at this point that I first tried my hand at illustrating some stories I had written, hoping to reasons for the stalemate on the front sell them to publishers of children's books. An Essay? I looked up Anne Eaton, who had been the librarian at reasons stalemate on the western Lincoln, my former high school, and heart open mind was the chief reviewer of children's books for reasons stalemate front essay, the New York Times. She was a good friend and got me interviews with publishers, but nothing ever came of it.

I can see now that the work I was offering was unsalable. Essay On The Thesis? That summer when we returned to Maine, the reasons for the stalemate on the western front, hired hand of many years had just quit his job. We moved into the farm house on the hill that he had occupied, and we are still living there today. It is a large Cape Cod with two huge horse chestnut trees in the front yard that provide shade in summer and are covered with white blossoms in the spring. There are 15 acres of fields, 30 acres of deep pine woods, and a large pond where we could cut ice and ice skate in campbells tomato soup essay contest winter.

That fall we decided to try spending one winter in Maine. Adolph took over the hired man's work and reasons western essay my parents paid him the same salary they had paid the essay thesis, hired man. It was only $50 a month, but we managed on that. Many other people in Maine then were living on that little. We fully intended to go back to teaching, but we never did. Eventually we built up a herd of Jersey cows, gave up the salary, and went into dairying on our own. When we began farming in 1937, it was in for the on the essay the depth of the Great Depression.

We knew that if you lost your job in the city, you could end up on the breadlines or in the Hoovervilles, shanty towns of packing cases built in principle vacant lots where the homeless lived. In Maine we knew we would always have a roof over our heads, and that we could grow our own food. There were flounders in the cove and clams to dig. Reasons Stalemate On The Essay? There was game to hunt in the woods. It was a kind of security -- and also a challenge. It was like a return to the 19th century: oil lamps for quick on how an essay, lighting, wood to cut for heating and cooking, ice to harvest, and for the stalemate on the an outdoor privy. The cows had to be hand-milked.

I tried to open essay learn but gave up, and Adolph took over the milking. We had all kinds of beautiful poultry as well as cows and reasons on the front horses and pigs, all of which had to be fed and watered and cared for. Thesis Description? We learned it all. A neighbor showed Adolph how to cut wood and harvest ice. We read antique farming manuals and U.S.

Department of Agriculture bulletins. Adolph learned to shoe the horses with a pamphlet in one hand and a hammer in the other. I learned to take care of the reasons for the western essay, cream separator. It had 42 two separate parts that had to quick be taken apart and washed and put back together in exact order or it would go berserk and fling milk and cream all over the room. Reasons On The Essay? We did it all ourselves; at mind first with a single horse, as in my book One Horse Farm (Doubleday, 1950), then with a tractor.

The only reasons stalemate western essay outside help we had was during haying when we hired one or two teenagers for a month. And I didn't stop painting. If you get up at 5:00 a.m., you can get an awful lot done. I never worried about combining a career with a family. I always presumed I would have children and fit them into our lives, as my mother had done. I thought two children would be about right, and that's what we had. Two sons, Robert William, born September 3, 1939 (the day World War II started. I never forget his birthday!) and Charles, born August 16, 1942. People always ask me how I managed to paint when my two boys were small. My children were a joy to me, and there was no problem working with them around -- I just let them play at my feet as I painted. They would even run toy fire engines up and down my easel, but it didn't bother me.

The only open heart mind essay problem was how to keep them safe when we were doing field work, such as plowing with the horse. Once on a TV interview I was asked about this and I said, Oh, we just tied them to a tree. When I listened to the program later, I was horrified. The picture that popped into reasons stalemate western essay, my mind (and, no doubt, into the minds of the viewers) was of on the of population thesis, two small prisoners bound hand and reasons western essay foot to the stake like Joan of Arc. Of course, it wasn't anything like that. In those days, it was common to tether small children to campbells essay keep them out of harm's way. It probably just sounds worse to say we always gave them plenty of rope. But they didn't seem to mind, and I don't think it left any permanent mental scars. Our boys grew up working alongside us on the farm. I regretted that they couldn't have the progressive education I had, but I felt that growing up on a farm made up for it.

It was such a natural environment. Adolph and I were always around, and the boys could see what we were doing and help with the reasons for the, work. If I needed time alone for my art, Adolph could keep an eye on them. I made many portraits of my children when they were young. My first attempts at campbells contest painting children were rather crude, which is why there are more portraits of western front, my second son, Charlie, than of quick steps on how, Bob, my first born. Two Fishermen (1941) is a portrait of front essay, Adolph and Bob fishing. 50 Excellent Extended Chemistry? In 1944 1 did a portrait of my father.

I always intended to paint a portrait of my mother but never did while she was alive. Finally in 1999, 45 years later, I made one of her. I had not painted anymore portraits after 1948 and it was difficult to recapture the technique I had developed. It was also difficult because I had to depend on photos, which I never like to do. But my trained visual memory helped me. There was no one photo that captured the memory I had of her. Reasons For The On The Western Essay? I took bits and pieces and essay on the principle combined them to create the image I wanted. In the 1940s and '50s I painted many scenes of farm life. The life we were living seemed to fit right in with the for the front essay, then-current art style of tomato soup essay contest, Social Realism. Stalemate Front Essay? Artists such as Thomas Hart Benton and thesis Waldo Peirce were family friends. We never knew Grant Wood, and I did not care much for his art, but his mural of harvesters eating dinner impressed me.

At this time I also was interested in for the stalemate on the the 16th-century Flemish painter Pieter Bruegel the Elder. His series of the seasons seemed to me to portray life as I saw it, and some of my best paintings from sample research proposal that time, such as The Haymakers (1944) and Cream Separator (1945) were inspired by for the front him. His painting Hunters in the Snow is probably my favorite painting of all time. I have mentioned my early interest in the Mexican muralists. On The Principle Of Population? When I first saw Diego Rivera's actual murals exhibited in Rockefeller Center in 1937, 1 was so impressed that I have carried those images in my mind ever since as examples of for the stalemate on the western front, how murals should be painted. I tried for this quality of simplicity and design, of tomato essay contest, smooth, almost flat surfaces, but I did not achieve it in any of my early murals. The nearest I came was in for the stalemate western front my large oil Ice Harvest (1938) later bought by L.L.Bean for their executive offices. This painting had the research, scale and feeling of those Mexican murals, and reasons for the stalemate on the essay it also was drawn directly from my own experience, from my love for open open essay, the life we were living. Everything about farming was beautiful in my eyes. I loved the Jersey cows with their softly shaded coats more like deer than cows -- their wrinkled white stockings, and their eyes that looked as if they had been outlined with black mascara.

I loved the patterns of for the, haycocks and windrows in campbells tomato soup the hay fields, and the shine of the light on the newly turned furrows after the plowing. Even the colors of the shirts that men wore were bright reds and blues like figures in for the on the western front a medieval book of hours. It was the life I had always wanted to quick steps to write an essay live, and reasons for the stalemate on the essay no matter how hard the open heart mind essay, actual work, no matter how little cash we had, I was happy. Money was tight, but we always got by. Even when I could not afford a can of paint to reasons for the stalemate western essay paint the floor, I always managed to 50 excellent extended chemistry buy art supplies. It never occurred to us to borrow money, or ask my parents for a pay raise. Although they had achieved fame in the 1930s, they always lived very frugally, and stalemate front essay I presumed they were as hard up as ever. Sample Qualitative Research Proposal? Farm life was not easy. There were tragedies too, like the time when a cow was struck dead by lightning, or when the whole herd came down with dysentery. Reasons For The? A friend once remarked that she could not imagine deliberately choosing a life of such hardship.

But I felt romantic about farming, and I still do. The art that was most popular in the 1930s and '40s was not only realistic, but it also was imbued with social and qualitative research proposal political content. It was the same school of art that survived in Soviet Russia up to the dying days of that regime. Though my art seemed to fit into the category of reasons for the on the western front essay, Social Realism, I never tried to convey political messages. I did not feel, and I still do not feel, that this should be a function of fine art. The quality of thesis description, such art, except in rare cases, seems to suffer. Reasons Western? Art is for me a visual experience, and meaning is peripheral. Of course, every visual experience does convey meaning and emotion, but I deplore the current tendency to appreciate art primarily for thesis description, the messages it contains. This turns art into for the on the front essay, a storytelling medium; it is a return to the Victorian approach where art is more related to qualitative research proposal words than to vision.

I am visually oriented. Reasons For The Stalemate On The? For me the campbells tomato essay contest, eye is the important organ, just as in music it is the for the stalemate front, ear. I have heard it said that meaning has nothing to research do with music, and I feel that this also applies to art. For The Stalemate Western Front Essay? One of the exciting events in campbells tomato soup essay my career as an artist happened in stalemate western front essay 1939, when I was just 21. 1 was given a solo show at The Museum of Modern Art in open heart New York City. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Essay? Victor D'Amico, Director of Educational Projects, showed all my work from open open mind essay my earliest scribbles through my mature work. The show was called Creative Growth and for the on the western front was intended to steps to write show how a normal child could develop with proper stimulation and encouragement from parents and reasons for the western teachers. Ironically, I could not attend this showing of my childhood art.

I had just had my first baby, and in those days they kept you in thesis description the hospital in bed for two weeks after giving birth! I did not quite realize what a great honor it was to be shown at The Museum of Modern Art, but it led to solo exhibitions in other New York galleries in the 1940s and '50s. For The Stalemate On The Front? Thirty years later we decided to put on this same show at the Portland Museum of Art. All my work had been returned to me from New York in crates, and I had not opened them in all those years. It was like a trip back in sample qualitative proposal time.

As I looked at my early works, all the feelings I had when I painted them came back to me. Reasons Stalemate On The? It made me realize what a strong emotional aura a work of art can carry. My father always told me, Never do art with the idea of selling it. Do the best work you can. On The Thesis? Do it to please yourself. And then try to reasons for the stalemate essay sell it. But it was not easy to sell; sales of art were few and far between during the first ten years of essay principle of population thesis, our marriage.

But I never considered giving up my art. There were very few art galleries in Maine in for the stalemate western essay the 1940s and '50s. Quick To Write An Essay? There were many artists who came to Maine for the summer, but they all exhibited in New York. For the first 20 years after we settled in Maine, I too sent my work down to New York galleries, and I submitted paintings to reasons for the front all of the important out-of-state juried shows. During those difficult times the mural competitions I had entered in 1937 paid off. I received two commissions for essay principle, murals through the Treasury Department's Section of on the essay, Fine Arts. I painted these in my studio in Maine, and they were hung in U.S. Chemistry? Post Offices at LaFollette, Tennessee in 1939 and Yukon, Oklahoma in 1941. Each of these early post office murals provided about $600 cash to supplement our income from reasons front dairy farming. But it was children's books that eventually gave us our first real financial security. Heart Open? I had given up all thought of reasons for the stalemate western front, writing and illustrating books when a publisher, William R. Scott, got in principle thesis touch with me.

He was looking for new young artists and asked me to illustrate a book by Margaret Wise Brown, The Little Fisherman (W. R. Scott, 1945). I made sample illustrations and he was very enthusiastic. My illustrations were simple and realistic, but modern. He wrote me, This is marvelous stuff! The book was a success, and they wanted me to illustrate other books. I did one other, and then thought I would try writing one of my own about animal camouflage.

Frankly, I was inspired by Margaret Wise Brown's writing. At first I had read her stories and thought, There's nothing much to this. But as I studied the text, I began to see how carefully she had selected just the right word, with just the right poetic feeling, and how beautifully she had woven her ideas and stalemate on the front words together. It was not simple at all -- it was magical. My book Animal Hide and Seek (W. R. Scott, 1947) was accepted for publication and did well. But Scott turned down my other ideas for books. When he turned down One Horse Farm , I sent it to Doubleday, and they took it with no hesitation. It was published in campbells tomato 1950 and remained in print for over 30 years. It was my first Junior Literary Guild selection. I still remember that I was working in stalemate on the essay the vegetable garden when I saw Adolph coming down through the orchard waving a check in his hand.

The check was for $2,000, and we were both stunned; we had never expected that kind of money. Not all my books did this well, but they all sold well enough to be a big boost to our income. Altogether I have written and illustrated 30 picture books, as well as four novels for young adults and thesis description a book of short stories for stalemate western essay, adults. In doing a book I usually start with the pictures and write a story to go with them. My book One Horse Farm (Doubleday, 1950) was, of course, based on our life here in Maine. Before we had a tractor, we did all our work with one horse. Several of my other books are based on open mind, farm life: Brown Cow Farm (Doubleday, 1959) -- we really did have ten brown cows; Bright Barnyard (Knopf, 1966) -- all my beautiful, bright-feathered poultry; and Hardscrabble Harvest (Doubleday, 1976) -- all those things that can go wrong in the farm garden (and I didn't even mention bugs and blights and drought!). Lobsterman (Down East Books, 1978) came from my early days helping my brother haul his lobster traps. This book is stalemate western still popular in Maine in paperback. Some of my books were done for the pleasure of exploring interesting and colorful subject matter, such as Deep Sea Farm (Knopf, 1961) -- imaginary undersea life; and The Marvelous Merry-go-Round (Doubleday, 1970) -- unusual carved carousel animals.

It never bothered me that illustrating is commercial art. I have always been free to do my books the thesis description, way I wanted to with a minimum of interference from art editors. When I write and illustrate for children, I feel a strong obligation to do my best. I have long felt that a child raised without art is for the stalemate western essay as surely deprived as a child raised without love; and fine art in campbells essay children's books is the best way to bring art to a great many children. My father was always afraid that illustrating would interfere with my art career; he told me it would milk my brain dry.

But the books just stimulated my brain. My art was just beginning to sell in New York when suddenly, in the 1950s, everything in the art world changed. Abstract Expressionism took over, and my art was old hat. My father kept saying, Come on back to New York and get in for the stalemate essay the swim. But I didn't want to extended get in the swim. I didn't want to essay be just another fish in a whole school of fishes. Proposal? If you live and show in New York, you have to be ready to accept these changes in art styles. Abstract Expressionism took over so completely that I gave up on the New York art scene. The only form of abstraction that has ever appealed to me is Cubism, although not the experiments of form without color. I still love colorful works such as Picasso's Three Musicians and many of Braque's works with their amazing, subtle color schemes and interesting shapes.

These speak to me in a visual language in a way that Impressionism and Expressionism never have. For The Western Essay? While Abstract Expressionism can be dramatic and emotional, it lacks form. There is something in on how to write an essay my soul that requires sharp edges. Although I felt no urge to follow the reasons, trend, I did feel that I needed a new way to express myself. I began to try new ideas, or old ideas of my own, returning to my early love of exotic animal forms that I had explored in my childhood. Art is campbells contest like a maze. You have to reasons for the on the essay stop occasionally and reconsider where you are going and why. When I begin to essay of population thesis feel that I have been going in the wrong direction or that I have reached a dead end, I will try something different.

I feel it has all been a steady process of finding the art form that gives me the fullest personal satisfaction. If you count my childhood art, I have gone through at least four major changes in my style -- not following any fashion, but because of for the western front essay, some inner need. One of my children's books, The Calico Jungle (Knopf, 1960), turned out to have a surprising influence on all my later art. I had made an appliquéd animal quilt for my first son, nothing as complex as the quilt in my story, but I was fascinated by fabrics, especially the description, small prints in old quilts. I designed and made stuffed animals for my two boys using fabrics with interesting prints: old-fashioned calicos and Indonesian batiks. These later developed into a fine art form. I was a pioneer in Soft Sculpture, first exhibiting my cloth animals in 1956.

Now they bring high prices in my gallery. I had an idea to make a book illustrated with calico cutout animals pasted up in collage form, but the publishers said it would be too expensive to print. For The Stalemate On The Western Essay? I ended up illustrating the description, book with watercolor paintings, imitating fabrics. Although it is a beautiful book, I feel it would have been even more beautiful reproduced from real fabric. To console myself I did one large collage The Garden of Eden (1961), but although I loved the effect of the reasons on the western front essay, fabrics, I never did another.

It was too hard on my back. I felt so inspired by the endless possibilities of patterns, however, that I changed my whole art style. I began to heart open use much more decorative designs In my paintings, on both animals and foliage. Odalisque (1960) was one of my first uses of pattern. I have since fully developed this style, and I now specialize in complex, colorful jungle paintings.

I have practically given up painting farm subjects. I still love farm life, but I no longer feel the urge to paint it. For The On The Western Front? Harlequin Jungle (1972) was one of the first and most successful of 50 excellent extended, my jungle scenes. I still keep this painting by me to stalemate front essay keep me on the right track. I feel I do not want to be either more abstract or more realistic than this; and, when I find myself veering in either direction, this painting will always pull me back. William Blake stated that the most important thing in art is the bounding line. Tomato Soup Essay? There are two ways to take this; but I have always taken it to mean a lively line, a line that leaps and bounds through the reasons for the on the essay, air. Tomato Soup Essay Contest? My present art depends on stalemate on the western front essay, both the liveliness of the line on essay, the surface and on the underlying geometry; a visual mixture I have developed of on the western front essay, fluid lines and sharp-edged shapes. This mixture is not a combination but an overlaying of the delicate line and fluid form on the sharpness below -- a variation of Cubism that utilizes geometric shapes as underpainting.

The result is a deliberate shattering of the rules of perspective, creating a freedom that allows time and space to campbells tomato essay interact and overlap -- not on reasons stalemate on the western front essay, a three-dimensional level, and not on a two-dimensional level, but somehow in a visual dimension, perhaps a prismatic dimension, that is outside the usual three-dimensional universe. Tomato Soup Contest? There are very few human forms now in my art. There are many animals, and for the stalemate western front essay I paint my animals with flowing lines drawn almost entirely with the brush. Heart Mind Essay? I enter, like Alice in Wonderland, into a world where logic is discarded -- a world that can be fantastic, but is almost always based on stalemate essay, reality. I no longer like to work directly from on how to write real life -- it must be transformed somehow by imagination. I try to avoid the sweet, the sentimental, the western front, cute. Sometimes I succeed too well. One viewer remarked, looking at steps to write one of my jungles, What a gory scene! What do you mean? I asked, Nobody is reasons for the stalemate western front essay being killed or eaten.

Ah, he said, but they will be! Lately I have been painting large four-way circles featuring flora and fauna of the world. The intricacy and the challenge of these circles is exciting. And the final results continually amaze me. Campbells Tomato Soup Essay Contest? My circle paintings are a struggle from conception to finish, but my mother always said, It's the reasons on the front, struggle that makes art good. People wonder how I have acquired my knowledge of the open mind essay, various animals I paint; they don't realize I have been studying them all my life. When I lived in New York City I went to the zoos and to the Natural History Museum. For The On The Front Essay? In Maine, I also looked for exotic animals in mind essay zoos; we had a local zoo near us for many years with lovely leopards and pheasants and other creatures. I now learn from nature documentaries which provide live action. I never take photos to work from. Reasons On The Western Front Essay? Still photographs distort movement and proportions.

There is essay of population nothing real about the usual photograph of stalemate on the western front essay, a cow -- all one huge nose -- cows are not like that. Cows are not a joke. They are lovely, dignified creatures -- the campbells contest, perfect symbol of maternity. My method is to start from reasons for the stalemate front memory and accentuate the qualitative proposal, animals' shapes and forms, then perhaps refer back to sketches or books just to check on such things as where the stripes go. But over the years I have learned where they go. When I painted my Australian and Carribean Reef circles I did need to for the western do some research, for heart open mind essay, the animals and fishes were all new to me. But still I tried to transform them, to make them my own.

I do not make numerous plans or drawings before starting a painting. At most I make a small, very rough 4 x 7-inch sketch with the main characters indicated. All final drawing is done very freely with the brush directly on the canvas. The result is spontaneous and fresh, not worked over. I find it hard to reasons western front explain my art, but then it doesn't really need explanation. It may seem mysterious or challenging, but all you need to do is to open your heart to the joy and excitement of soup, a new visual experience, to accept a new vision of a world full of the unusual, a world of the creative imagination. I often feel I am out on a limb. Reasons For The Stalemate? There are no other artists I know of who are painting the way I do now.

But then, ever since coming to Maine, I have been pretty much isolated, artistically and physically, at least for half the year. When we first came here, there were only three families that wintered in Robinhood, and we never had much contact with them. When I said goodbye to one family that was leaving, I apologized for not having seen more of them. The wife said to description me, If we'd wanted to see more of people we wouldn't have been living in Robinhood. In the reasons front essay, 1950s one of my best friends came to live near us, but she didn't last long. She was very unhappy.

She told me, I'm sick of all this natural beauty. I want people! But over the years Adolph and I have come to enjoy solitude and just being together. We have a small group of close friends; also, my son Charlie and his wife Judy, and my sister-in-law, Peggy Zorach, now live nearby. Sample Research? Maine has always been a busy place in the summer, and reasons for the western I used to steps to write love that lonesome feeling when all the summer people left. Stalemate On The Essay? Now they don't leave, and the winters are equally crowded. We remain, by choice, on the fringes of the new social scene. But we have carried our share of community work.

When, after 30 years, Adolph sold the open mind essay, cows and gave up the dairy business, we both became involved in numerous art and environmental causes. One environmental victory was the purchase of the waterfront and a woodland park of 30 acres in Five Islands in reasons for the on the western Georgetown. Adolph led this fight and raised the necessary funds to buy this land for the town and protect it from developers. In 1966, Adolph served as director of the Maine Art Gallery in Wiscasset. It was a period I enjoyed too. We both got to know all the artists in the state and put on research proposal, a continual program of art shows. We knew how much encouragement young artists need, and stalemate on the western front essay we tried to qualitative provide it. Adolph was one of the cofounders of the Maine Festival, and we both served ten years on stalemate, the scholarship committee of the sample qualitative proposal, Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture. Together in for the stalemate western 1972 we received the Maine State Award from Governor Curtis for significant contributions to Maine in the broad field of the quick steps on how to write an essay, arts and humanities. In 1978 1 volunteered to decorate the children's reading room of the Patten Free Library in Bath, Maine.

I had not painted murals since my post office projects in 1939 and '41, and I enjoyed once more working on a large scale. I painted life-size jungle animals on all the walls. This led to other mural commissions. In the last 20 years I have done many murals for schools and stalemate essay libraries under Maine's Percent for Art Program. Principle Of Population Thesis? The most important, completed in 1979, is in the Narragansett Elementary School in Gorham --106 feet of corridor, in reasons for the western three parts, representing Maine animals of coast, farm, and forest. Another mural, of sample, African animals, 21 feet long, now hangs in the atrium of the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children in Springfield, Massachusetts. I always thought one had to be in one's 90s and barely able to totter up the aisle before one received an honorary degree, but I had just passed 60 in 1978 when I received the Deborah Morton Award from Portland's Westbrook College (their equivalent of an honorary degree).This was followed by for the honorary degrees at several other Maine colleges and universities: a Doctorate of Humanities from the campbells tomato soup essay, University of Maine, 1978; a Doctorate of Fine Arts from Colby College, 1980; and a Doctorate of Fine Arts from Bates College, 1991. In 1986, along with other notable Mainers including Margaret Chase Smith, I received a Living Legacy Award from the reasons stalemate on the, Central Maine Area Agency for the Aging. My award turned out to be really 'living -- a pedigreed red-haired Maine coon cat! Finally in essay of population 1998 I received the Kerlan Award for children's literature from the University of Minnesota. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Western Front? In our old age, we have dropped out of most of our community activities.

But I am still painting. Adolph is 96 now and still healthy. When people tell him how well be looks, he says, I have a good mortician. Although Adolph and I never travel, our two sons have traveled all over thesis the world. Bob is a motion picture cameraman, always flying to far-off countries. He was the cinematographer for three art documentaries about Frederic Edwin Church, Winslow Homer, and John Frederick Peto for reasons for the front essay, the National Gallery in Washington, D.C. He and his family usually spend a month in Maine every summer. Charlie spent three years in Ethiopia in the Peace Corps teaching Science and leading mapping expeditions.

He earned a Ph.D. in essay Economic Geography from Michigan State University. He has since returned to Maine and lives in Richmond, not too far away, where he continues our fight on environmental issues. Slowly, the Maine art scene has improved. There are now dozens of high-quality galleries, many of them showing the work of younger artists as well as the work of reasons stalemate on the western front essay, established ones. I show my work at Thomas Crotty's Frost Gully Gallery in Freeport, Maine. His was one of the first fine art galleries in Maine, and I have been with him since he opened in 1971. I have never been put down by 50 excellent extended chemistry men in the world of art or elsewhere. Reasons For The Front Essay? The men in my family -- my father, my brother, my husband, my sons -- have all been supportive. In withdrawing from the New York art scene, I gave up my chance for national recognition.

But I don't regret it. Maybe I am happy because I never wanted the things that go with success -- celebrity, status, wealth, power. My drives have all been creative ones. Essay? I just wanted to be allowed to reasons stalemate on the front do my art in my own way. I have had only a few shows outside of Maine; but I have work in extended the permanent collections of museums such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the on the front essay, Whitney Museum of American Art, and the Brooklyn Museum of open essay, Art, all in New York, and also in for the on the western front all the proposal, major art museums in Maine. I have received much recognition here in Maine, and that has given me encouragement enough. I have never written much about my family, my life, or my art. But now as my life winds down, I am glad to have the reasons, opportunity to express my feelings about art. In the past I never wanted to exhibit my work alongside that of my parents; I wanted to be independent. Now everything falls into place, and now it seems truly appropriate to join in this celebration of the Zorach family and qualitative proposal our art tradition.

This page was originally published in Resource Library Magazine . Please see Resource Library's Overview section for more information. Reasons For The On The Western Essay? rev. Essay On The Principle Thesis? 6/3/11. Search Resource Library for thousands of reasons on the, articles and essays on American art. Thesis? Copyright 2011 Traditional Fine Arts Organization, Inc. , an Arizona nonprofit corporation. All rights reserved.

Expert Essay Writers -
World war 1 notes on the reasons for stalemate on the western front

Minnesota Department of Employment and for the on the Economic Development. Your resume is an essay of population essential part of your job search toolkit and its importance should not be underestimated. You will need one for whatever kind of job you are looking for. Reasons On The. If written properly, it's the on how, document that will move you to a job interview and potential employment. Do not approach the stalemate on the, task of writing the resume lightly.

By now you should have taken the time to identify your hard and soft skills. If you cannot identify at least 20 job-related skills at this point, your first task is to revisit the Identifying Your Skills chapter and create your list. Be aware that your resume is sample qualitative research proposal never really done. You have to customize it to match the qualifications and skills sought by employers for specific jobs. Job seekers start out at different points when preparing resumes. Some will have a resume a few months or a few years old. Others may have been employed for several years or decades and don't have a current resume, or may have one saved somewhere in for the essay, an old computer or in a file in their home office. Regardless of where you’re starting in writing a resume you first have to organize and store lots of different types of job-related information in an electronic file. 1. Employment History — List all your jobs for the past 10 to 15 years in campbells soup essay, a reverse chronological order, with dates of on the essay employment and various positions held within various companies.

If you have held a lot of jobs or have had a varied job career, list the last three or four jobs and skip your earlier career, or shorten it into a single line: “U.S. Bank, Minneapolis, MN, teller, 2005-2010.” 2. Skills — Take the list of the 20 job-related skills you identified using the information in Chapter 3. Future employers want to know what skills you displayed in sample proposal, your work and whether those skills saved money, improved efficiency, led to a more motivated workforce, or whatever. Ask yourself these questions: What skills did I use in my previous positions? Are they important to reasons on the, the employers or jobs that I am considering? 3. Accomplishments/Achievements — Penelope Trunk, the job search author, encourages you to look at your past jobs and “list achievements, not job duties … anyone can do a job, but achievements show you did the job well.” A case in point is when a job seeker writes: “Managed two people and created a tracking system for marketing.” Instead, consider this: “Managed the team that built a tracking system to decrease marketing costs 10 percent.” The second example obviously sounds more impressive. Using accomplishment statements helps the steps on how an essay, hiring authority understand how you made a positive impact on business operations or outcomes. Mark Zappa, who works at the Minnesota WorkForce Center, points out that an accomplishment can be an actual testimonial from a supervisor — a nice break from the front, usual standard resume information.

An accomplishment statement might read: “Identified learning resources and open heart mind essay developed productive partnerships within a closed, individual-driven department.” 4. Job Search Goals — Establish clear objectives for your search. What kind of company do you want to work for? What size? In what field?

What sorts of jobs are you seeking? After you complete these steps, you’ll have a list of your previous job titles, dates of employment, the employer’s name and stalemate western address and a list of at least 20 of your job-related hard and soft skills. A good resume has critical content elements that must be complete and compelling. 50 Excellent Essays. There are a few general guidelines for showcasing your experience and stalemate skills on just one or two pages of on how an essay text. Resumes are fairly predictable in features and information, but some choices have to be made. They are not typically documents used to for the stalemate on the front, show off your innovative design or creative writing skills.

The one exception to this rule might be if you're pursuing work in a creative field. Yet even then these resumes must remain cautiously creative. Now we're going to deconstruct a resume, section by thesis description section, and even line by line. We'll start at the top, end at the bottom. Don't worry about the final look or format of your resume just yet. Start with the core content. After you have this core information, you can fine tune or customize each resume for reasons stalemate on the western front essay each job opening. Qualitative. This is called targeting your resume. There are two types of fonts, serif and on the western sans serif.

Serif fonts have tails or feet and sans serif fonts do not. Use a serif font for your name because that style often looks more prominent. Tomato Essay Contest. For the rest of your resume, pick a font that's easy to read in print and online. Resumes that use a sans serif font may scan better and stalemate on the subsequently look better when the employer retrieves them from their applicant tracking system database. Put your full first and last names on its own line at the top of the page. Choose your favorite professional-looking font.

For ideas, look at the list to your left of heart open mind common, readable fonts that work well for resumes. Your name can be in a different font than the body of the resume. Type your name in bold or CAPITAL LETTERS to make it stand out, and make it larger point type than the body of the stalemate on the essay, resume. Your address should not contain abbreviations. Include all 10 digits of thesis description your landline phone or mobile number. It should be a number where you can be reached at all times. Use a professional personal email address. Some job seekers have an email address that is solely used for for the on the their job search. If applicable, also include your LinkedIn profile address.

You may hyperlink these links to make it easy for an employer to contact you by email. 1443 HireMe Lane. Employmentville, Minnesota 55555. Include an objective when you are pursuing a specific job goal and when you know the exact title of the position you are applying for. The objective statement helps target your resume. When applying for a specific job, use the on the of population, title in your objective and even add the name of the company as in the following example: Objective: Landscape Design Specialist at Creative Environments Inc. Reasons. Some online job application forms and research job posting websites require an objective statement.

Here are a few examples of objective statements that indicate precisely what kind of on the front essay position the job seeker wants. Customer service representative Manufacturing sales representative Office manager Senior admissions and enrollment officer. Your resume should include an effective Summary Section that briefly highlights your recent work experience (including industries you've worked in), applicable certifications, achievements and thesis skills that best match the position for which you are applying. That means you'll have a customized Summary Section for each job you apply for. The summary should be slightly longer than the objective statement, containing two to four lines or a series of phrases and can be used instead or combined with an objective statement. Name this section Professional Summary, Professional Profile, Summary of for the stalemate western front essay Qualification, Career Summary or Career Profile. To Write. Below are two examples: Objective: Landscape Architect. Summary: Certified and innovative Landscape Architect with extensive knowledge in for the stalemate on the front essay, construction, engineering and design. Recognized for creatively solving design and campbells soup essay contest sustainability challenges, reducing project management expenses by 25 percent and on the essay having a positive, customer-focused attitude. Certified Nursing Assistant with over two years long-term care experience caring for elderly and vulnerable adults.

Excellent client care; works well with bedridden, physically-challenged and memory-impaired residents. Commended for superior safety and description attendance record. Friendly, caring and compassionate, with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Flexible: available days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Front. Maintains confidential information. Include a skills section to quickly and effectively communicate your experience and make yourself stand out from other applicants. Match your skills (used in campbells tomato soup contest, volunteer and paid positions) from the list you have already created with the requirements and on the essay preferences included in the job posting. Formats for skill lists include: 1. Bullet Point List with Results.

Format your skill section as a list of 50 excellent essays chemistry bullet points- that is reasons for the on the western front essay three lines to sample proposal, five lines long. Limit each entry to two lines. Choose action verbs that demonstrate responsibility. On The Front. For example, managed, coordinated or designed. Vary the action verbs that you choose. Open Open. This helps make your abilities sound more diverse and adds depth to your resume. Use the list of action verbs provided in this chapter and in the job opening itself for ideas.

Review your list of accomplishment statements to quantify your results. 2. Grouping Skills by Topic. Consider grouping your skills as job-specific qualifications below headlines such as Accounting Qualifications, Consulting Qualifications or Teaching Qualifications. Relate your skills and work within that profession, with perhaps a general skill or two. This format is often used to list your competency using computers. Employers presume that applicants are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet usage and reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay email applications, but if these skills are listed in the job opening, include them on your resume, Consider listing specific names of business applications (such as Excel 2010, SharePoint 2013 or Salesforce) or industry specific skills (such as CNC machine tools or types of essay principle of population CAD software). Use a bulleted list, three to reasons for the on the front essay, five lines long. List your most recent employment first. A general standard is to chronologically list in reverse order the 50 excellent extended chemistry, last three to four jobs or those you have had over the past 10 years.

Name the employer, location, your official position and for the front essay the years you worked there. If you have worked for only one employer in the last decade or more, show your recent promotions. Campbells Contest. If your job title did not change in for the western front essay, the last decade you can still show job progression by showcasing how you took on of population more complex job tasks and increased responsibilities. How much information should you give about your past jobs? Focus on what you did and your accomplishments in for the western front essay, various positions. Make your employment history sound more impactful by using action words such as maintained, led, worked, performed, developed, directed, established, functioned, monitored and trained. Use bullet points and thesis description make your sentences one line. Sentence fragments like specialized in stalemate, training employees to use proprietary software that resulted in a 15 percent reduction in data entry errors work fine.

List no more than four to description, six bullet points in stalemate on the essay, describing your last job. Description. Then use two to three points for subsequent positions. Although contact information is reasons stalemate on the western essay typically given on 50 excellent extended essays an application or reference sheet, many resumes still list the employer name, city and state. Other job seekers might limit this information to keep the for the essay, resume focused on skills, accomplishments and extended qualifications that best match the job opening. The choice is for the on the front yours.

There is no single standard that fits all situations. If you are a first-time job seeker or re-entering the 50 excellent extended essays chemistry, workforce after a gap in employment, use this section to on the, emphasize professional capabilities, but still include some past employment or volunteer history. Job seekers with established job search goals often seek out a volunteer opportunity that is a close match to sample qualitative research, the paid job that they want. If more of your skills and experience come from employment, list employment first and education last. List education first if you are a student, recent graduate, or pursuing a career with educational emphasis. Include the name of the institution, location (city and state), graduation date or projected graduation date, degree(s) earned, field of for the on the western front essay study and GPA (if over 3.0).

If you haven't been to school in years, you can list education after your professional experience and thesis description skip the year you graduated to avoid potential age discrimination. You also can list relevant training or certifications that might impress employers or relate to the position you're applying for. For job seekers who did not graduate from reasons for the front essay, undergraduate or graduate programs, a simple disclosure is best: Attended the University of open heart open Minnesota, 2010-2013. It shows you have ambition even though you didn't graduate. If you never went to college or finished high school you can list yourself as a high school graduate as long as you have a GED or another type of high school equivalency certificate. List the name of the school, school district or state where you earned the GED or high school equivalency certificate.

Do not include an education section if you did not finish high school and had no formal training either in school or from an employer. Individuals currently taking classes or pursuing a degree related to their job goal should include that information. List the skills acquired, academic accomplishments and the projected date of completion. List organizational memberships related to your job goal. For The Stalemate Western Front. Avoid using non-employer-related or controversial organizations. Don't mention specific religious or political affiliations or other potentially controversial groups unless they directly relate to the job you want. Include military experience on your resume as part of your work history. If you are targeting a job within the defense industry, feel free to campbells tomato contest, use military jargon. The defense industry likes candidates who understand the lingo. If you are targeting a job outside of the defense arena, you will need to civilianize your military language to show that your skills and experience match the reasons for the on the front essay, employer's needs.

See the Transferring Military Skills document for a list of military-to-civilian job skills. Volunteer experience can fill in any gaps in employment. It can demonstrate responsibility and help highlight skills that may not have been used in mind, your work career. Served as an officer of the PTA? Or a coach at for the stalemate on the front your children's school? That shows leadership, even if your career may not have offered you any opportunities in leadership roles. Include hobbies and personal interests if they're employment-related, not controversial, and show skills and thesis description experience. Do not include your references or the phrase references available on request on for the stalemate western front essay the actual resume. It is assumed by employers that you will provide this information if requested. Once an employer asks for your references, provide the heart mind essay, names and contact information of three to five people who can speak favorably about your attributes. Let the employer know of reasons stalemate any awards or recognition you have received (employee of the month, industry awards, and so forth).

Those are accomplishments worthy of mention. Targeted resumes are a necessity for most job openings. Why? Busy employers and networking contacts plus improved technology have changed the way resumes are written and used in a job search. Campbells Tomato Soup. Your resume has to communicate a lot of information in the 10-second glance it gets from a networking contact or a prospective employer. If the employer uses an applicant tracking system (ATS) it first has to stalemate on the front essay, successfully pass electronic screening and thesis resume ranking before it is read by the hiring authority. Your resume might be in for a rocky trip before you are selected for an interview for a job opening. It takes more time to write a targeted resume that includes important keywords, but it is well worth the effort. Use keywords such as industry jargon and words commonly found in reasons for the stalemate on the western, titles of jobs for positions you are applying for. The keywords in your targeted resume will help you stand out in 50 excellent essays chemistry, an ATS because it's set up to identify specific skills of applicants. Stalemate. These software programs help an employer identify individuals with certain traits and description backgrounds that fit job openings.

Many of these systems accept more resume copy than you typically can fit on a one- or two-page resume. Use this opportunity to for the stalemate on the western front, include more of your relevant experience and skills. Avoid putting keywords in white around the margins of your resume because eventually, your ATS resume will be read by hiring decision makers. Essay. An ATS allows companies to avoid having to look at hundreds of resumes, many from people poorly qualified. If the targeted position is unavailable, your resume may be stored in another section of the ATS database called a Talent Management System. Reasons For The On The Front Essay. Highlight your desire for a specific job and to be considered for other related openings in tomato contest, your cover letter. That gives your resume a chance to reasons western essay, be found in the Talent Management System later and indicates the flexibility many employers seek.

You have all the core content to build an attractive and multipurpose targeted resume. Use any one of steps to write a number of resume templates to reasons stalemate western, create a visually pleasing and quick on how to write easy to read resume document. After you have completed the resume, you will have the flexibility to reasons stalemate essay, distribute your resume in plain text, save it as a PDF, send it as an email attachment, cut and paste sections of it for online job applications, or print it for networking meetings, postal-mail job applications or an interview. Your targeted resume with keywords should be used when you have a networking contact meeting or cold-call prospective employers. If you have worked in an industry, your resume will showcase your knowledge of that industry's keywords. If you are changing careers, looking for tomato soup essay contest an entry-level job or re-entering the workforce, you'll need to research a specific employer's or an industry's needs. Sources of information include company websites, position descriptions, employer profiles on social media sites, industry publications, other networking contacts and informational interviews. Use this information to reasons stalemate on the western front essay, adjust your skills and experience content to fall within the needs of the employer or industry.

Your targeted resume will quickly and effectively communicate your experience, skills and job search goals to a networking contact or prospective employer. Sample. Giving networking contacts your resume containing targeted content helps your contacts better understand what they can do for you. These contacts are pipelines to what is reasons called a warm referral - that personal connection to another contact or an employer who has a job opening. Networking is campbells tomato essay contest strongly advocated by job search experts because personal contact has a history of leading to a new job. When applying for a job, you will fine tune your targeted resume to front essay, mirror the requirements of that specific job opening. Campbells Essay. Your content must include not only your relevant experience and reasons for the western front skills that the employer wants, but the keywords used in the job opening announcement. Your job is to description, show that your qualifications and experience match what the employer is seeking because employers look for resumes where the applicant has all (or nearly all) of the qualifications and experience that are in the job posting.

Start by carefully reading the job posting. Job postings tend to follow a pattern. For The On The Front. Employers usually summarize the job responsibilities followed by quick steps on how to write an essay the required and reasons on the western front preferred qualifications for 50 excellent all applicants. Look for the most important requirements at stalemate western essay the top of the job posting and the least important at the bottom. Targeted resumes that use the same words that the description, employer used to summarize the for the stalemate on the western front essay, job responsibilities, qualifications and on how skills have a better chance of stalemate moving forward through an ATS or a manual candidate screening process. Resumes should be sent to a specific person. Principle. Use their name.

Avoid sending the resume to a job title such as Production Manager. It will take extra effort, but do your research and find out the name and title of the appropriate person to whom your resume should be sent. If asked, send your resume to human resources. Then also send a resume to the person in charge of the department in for the, which you want to work. Most of the description, time, human resources do the screening, but it's the department manager who is the final hiring authority. When mailing your resume, always send it with a cover letter. Mass-mailing your resume to employers does not work.

The statistics are that for every 1,000 resumes you send to employers you can expect to get two interviews. Target a smaller pool of employers instead of haphazardly mass mailing to a random list of names. Follow up your resume submissions with a phone call to the employer. Be courteous, professional and persistent about stalemate on the front selling your qualifications. Campbells Tomato Soup Essay. Be sure to ask for an interview. When directly contacting employers, always have a copy of reasons stalemate on the front your resume available and take the initiative to offer it to them. Always bring extra copies of your resume when directly contacting employers. When applying for a job with a paper employment application, attaching your resume is a good idea. The resume will add impact and quick steps on how to write should complement the application. If you're asked to fill out an reasons stalemate on the western essay application, never write on it See resume. Filling out the entire application is open heart open mind essay still required.

Give a copy of your resume to your references. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Front Essay. It provides them with information about you and will help them to sample, talk to an employer about your qualifications. Hand or send emailed copies of your resume to all networking contacts. It's an excellent ice breaker to use the resume as a center for for the on the western front essay discussing your qualifications. Campbells Essay. Ask your contacts to critique your resume. Finally, follow-up, follow-up, follow-up. It's no use mailing resumes if you don't take the time to try to directly speak to companies. The true test of an effective resume is that you're offered interviews. If you aren't getting responses or interviews from your resume, you may want to re-evaluate it.

View the reasons for the on the, samples/templates below to create your own resume: Use our checklist to make sure you've covered everything.

Academic Proofreading -
Essay about Why The Stalemate on the Western Front Was Broken

How to reasons for the on the Write a Stay at qualitative research Home Mom Resume. By Resume Genius. Returning to the workforce is a major decision for any stay at home mom (or dad). Once that difficult choice is made, the next hurdle is not much easier; preparing your resume. There’s not one perfect method to stalemate essay follow.

The resume format that you eventually settle on depends upon essay on the of population thesis, the employment experience you had prior to your time spent raising your child or children as well as what you were doing while at home. Here are a few examples of for the stalemate on the resumes for stay at home moms with different levels of previous professional experience. Resume for a Mom or Dad with lots of Professional Experience. If you fall into this category, the process for making a killer resume is fairly straightforward. You already have a strong foundation to build from because of your work history. The major hurdle you face is thesis description, how to address the time gap. Choosing the proper resume format can take care of this, which in this case is the combination resume. By using a combination resume you focus on reasons stalemate on the, your qualifications and skills relevant to the job you are applying to first.

Those are then supported with your previous professional experience. Our applicant, Nora Thresher, is looking to rejoin the professional finance world after taking a few years off due to the birth of her first child. She opens her resume with a Qualifications Summary that shows why she would be a great employee before she discusses her work history. Her work history opens with the fact that she was self-employed. Basically, she worked part-time from home while raising her child, but she doesn’t need to mention that . By moving the work history under the Qualification Summary, and by keeping it professional, it’s enough to essay principle avoid raising any initial red flags. She can go into more detail if needed on the cover letter or during the interview.

Stay at reasons stalemate Home Parent with Professional Experience Resume Template. 2190 Cleveland Ave, Canton, OH 44702. Efficiency and Time Management: Proven track record of completing reports and audits well before deadlines. Management Skills: Assisted in training 3 junior accountants, monitoring their attention to detail during the essays first 30 days of their tenure. Awards and reasons stalemate on the front Recognition: Awarded “Employee of the Month” 3 times in recognition of my tireless work ethic. Relevant Job Skills: Adept at creating financial reports that follow GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and quick on how to write an essay conducting risk analysis using FRAP (Facilitated Risk Analysis Process). On The Western Front Essay? Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills. Proficient with various forms of electronic communication such as email, chat and VoIP applications. PRIVATE PRACTICE Canton, OH. Tax Accountant March 2011 – Present. Prepared annual and quarterly tax returns for individuals and essay on the principle small businesses.

Advised clients on tax related information, such as IRA accounts and charitable donations, saving individuals an average of 12% on owed taxes from previous filings. Filed extensions helping clients avoid penalties. Continuously research the Federal Tax Code to ensure all tax protocols are followed correctly. MARCUS ROSS, LLC Cleveland, OH. Financial Advisor July 2008 – March 2011. Reviewed accounts regularly ensuring compliance with both internal and reasons for the stalemate western essay external rules and regulations. Research? Used tax and investment strategies to develop financial plans for stalemate on the small and medium-sized businesses. Increased sales of financial products for the business an soup contest, average of reasons for the on the western front essay 8% each quarter. Forecasted losses and earnings extremely accurately allowing the company to intelligently manage resources.

B.S. in Accounting, June 2008. Resume for a Mom or Dad with a Little Previous Work Experience. Even if your work experience is a little lacking, the above resume style is OK for you as well, but you have another option too. The next style of resume is even better if your education is relevant to the position for 50 excellent essays chemistry which you are applying. The first resume focuses on the applicants work related skills and experience. If yours is limited, you can instead start with your education. While our first applicant might only list the name of the university she attended, her major, and the date of graduation, when leading off with your education you’ll want to give a lot more details . This applicant, Valerie Perkins, doesn’t have enough professional experience to focus on her skills and work history. She decided to use a Career Objective to show why she would be a great candidate for the open Assistant Manager position followed by her education. Because her work experience is fairly limited, Valerie went more into her education than most professionals would. Reasons For The Western Front Essay? She listed her GPA because it was over 3.0 and also included coursework that’s relevant and the time she spent volunteering.

she phrased it just like someone who was working for a large retailer would. She did not lie, nor did she stretch the truth , but she did use words to describe her part-time online sales that were more professional than those she’d use while discussing how she earns some extra money to her friends. Stay at description Home Parent with Some Experience Resume Template. 1942 Walnut St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. An organized and for the stalemate on the western motivated Customer Service professional with over 6 years of experience in consumer relations. Aiming to parlay my proven customer service background and extended essays chemistry communication skills to effectively fulfilling the requirements of the stalemate western front Assistant Customer Service Manager position. Target your Career Objective to each specific job you’re applying for. Campbells Tomato Essay Contest? It can be as simple as changing the position. CINCINNATI CITY COLLEGE Cincinnati, OH. B.A. in reasons for the western front essay, Sociology, June 2007. • Relevant Coursework: Speech Communications, Sociology of Work, Sociology of Emotions, Social Psychology.

o Volunteer RA (Resident Advisor) for 2 years. o Volunteer Student Center Social Sciences Tutor. PRIVATE PRACTICE Cincinnati, OH. Online Retailer February 2010 – Present. • Launched and open mind managed successful online retail shop with an average of stalemate on the western front essay $10,000 of sales per month. • Marketed business through multiple channels including Internet forums, social media, and essays chemistry personal networks. • Facilitated customer needs in regards to questions, complaints, and product returns. • Continuously researched products manufacturers, customer relations etiquette, and reasons for the stalemate front essay online retail community best practices. Customer Service Representative July 2007 – February 2010.

• Conferred with customers by 50 excellent extended essays, telephone or in person to provide information about reasons on the western, products or services, take or enter orders, or obtain details of complaints. • Directed requests and unresolved issues to appropriate departments. • Decreased customer complaints by 15% over the previous year by spearheading a new companywide SOP for the handling of merchandise returns. • Recommended improvements in products and services from firsthand customer feedback to company merchandisers. • Introduced customers to V.I.P. membership program, informing them of the annual average savings and other benefits recognized by members. Resume for a Mom or Dad with No Previous Work Experience. The most difficult of qualitative research proposal all scenarios for reasons on the front a stay at home parent wanting to enter the qualitative research work force is western front essay, when you don’t have any work experience at all. It gets even more complicated if your education is limited as well. If you have only sample research, recently graduated from high school, that is if you’re only a year or two removed, you can always use a resume similar to what a high school student with little or no experience would use. Find a way to build up some relevant or useful skills and western front essay qualifications.

A better approach however is to do something to contest try and build up some relevant or useful skills and reasons for the on the front essay qualifications. Once you have something useful to 50 excellent put on a resume, then you can actually start worrying about fine-tuning your resume and reasons for the stalemate on the essay turning into an interview grabbing machine. Here are a few ways to do just that : Volunteering: Hospitals and retirement communities are always in need of campbells tomato contest volunteers, as are many publicly funded institutions such as libraries and museums. Many communities even have Volunteering Centers that help guide you opportunities that you might not find on reasons stalemate on the front, your own. Principle? Freelancing: If you have a computer and Internet access, there are tons of freelancing websites that you can take advantage of like www.elance.com and www.freelancer.com.

Do some writing, graphic design, data entry, or anything that you have the tiniest amount of knowledge with to reasons western essay give you something to essays chemistry put on reasons for the stalemate front, a resume. Open Heart Essay? Learn New Skills: Employers want to pay you for work that you do. Reasons On The Western? That means you need to have something to offer them. If you don’t have a university degree or any type of secondary education or experience showing your knowledge base, you can bulk up your skill set with some of the quick to write free online course that are available. Besides the reasons stalemate western front essay three suggestions above, anything that you can do to help give you some type of marketable skills will go a long way into helping you find a job. Don’t be too proud to soup take on a job that you feel is for the stalemate on the front, beneath you. Even putting in 6 months at a position you don’t like can help give you that little extra something that separates your resume from other former stay at home moms or dads with zero experience. what if being a stay at home mom causes gaps and you don’t have any work experience during? or you may have a few months here and there? essentially showing 1yr at this place then another. gap of 2yrs, and starts over again. If you are want to open essay cover up work gaps on your resume, then you may want to consider using functional resume format: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. Good luck on the job hunt!

thank you! i’ll try it! I am a mom that spent 17 years at home, I home-schooled my kids due to their specific educational needs. For The Stalemate Western Essay? During that time I often played administration secretary for my husbands companies and also actively farmed along side him, never had an official title and quick on how to write an essay definitely didn’t get payed. A year ago I started studying BSc Nursing and The only thing I have going for reasons for the western me on 50 excellent chemistry, that is that I made the Vice-chancelors list and stalemate on the western a course average of thesis description 89.36%. I need to write a Resume but the black job description is screaming at me.

As well as the professional summary. All of these examples have current work history, What if I have history but am not currently employed? Would it be better to for the stalemate on the just list stay at home mom under my history? We suggest using a functional format: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. This format allows you to highlight your relevant skills over steps to write your work history. Good luck on the job hunt! So what if I dropped out of high school because I got pregnant? I know big mistake, but im trying to get back on for the stalemate on the essay, track im currently going to PCC trying to description get my GED and for the western front I have been a stay at home mom for campbells a couple years I worked at a pillow company for a few months but due to reasons stalemate on the western essay childcare issues I had to go back home , I was in need of a job so I made my home a daycare I watched kids of all ages for research a little over 2 years but then I decided I didint want to do this the rest of for the stalemate western front essay my life, I loved what I did but I wanted something that really suits me.

So now I’m really trying to 50 excellent extended finish school and reasons stalemate front find a job, all three of my children will start attening full time schooling, and I feel the need of helping my husband provide money for our home and our children, but I have no experience, what should I do? First off, don’t sell yourself short by qualitative research, saying you have no experience. Reasons For The Western Front? As a mother of three, you most certainly have a wealth of intangible skills that can be applied to extended essays chemistry most jobs. Also, the time running your own home daycare can also be considered professional experience. As for your resume, it’s all about how you sell yourself.

The first article will show you how you can make your resume achievement-oriented. The second article will teach you a resume format that will help cover up your work gaps. Best of luck on the job hunt! It sounds like employers are missing out on a great employee. Reasons For The Stalemate On The? You may have better luck if you use a functional format, which will help cover up your employment gaps. Check out our guide here: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. Hi! I have been a stay at home mom since 2004. Quick On How? I graduated in for the stalemate, 2003 with a BA in on the, Accounting.

I am bilingual (Spanish/English). Reasons Front? When my daughters went to school I volunteered in their classrooms. Also, I belong to the school’s council. For the last six months, my daughters and campbells tomato contest I have been rehearsing for reasons stalemate a play written by the owner of a nonprofit theater company. I would like to know how to build a resume from that lack of work experience.

Thanks in proposal, advance! Good luck on reasons front, the job hunt! Hello! So I have been a stay at home mom for 21 years…..on top of that all my schooling and prior work experience happened in essay on the of population, Germany. I volunteered at my children’s school and was the treasurer for the parent club for 6 years – mind you that “job” went from taking over a handwritten note that told me that the reasons for the stalemate essay club works with a $250 budget to getting everything set up for essay on the principle of population a non-profit QuickBook account after we made over $80,000.00 in a wine auction and front essay so on….It still seems impossible to write a resume that does not just point out, that I haven’t worked in 21 years….How do I sell myself? Thank you in advance for trying. Helping to increase the parent club budget from open mind $250 to $80,000 is western essay, certainly an achievement that employers would be interested to essay principle of population see on your resume. It sounds like your experience as a volunteer treasurer has provided you with plenty of selling points to for the stalemate front include on your resume. Since you are worried about your work gap, we suggest trying a functional resume format: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide#what-is-a-functional-resume. Good luck on the job hunt!

Hi. I’ve been a stay at home mum to 5 children for the past 16 years, and to write full time carer to for the western my 7 year old with cerebral palsy. We have been living on one income (my husbands), but due to unforeseen circumstances we are struggling financially. Open Heart Open Essay? I would like to get a job in retail or similar, packing shelves or cleaning, anything is fine, as long as it’s in the evenings when hubby can be at home watching the stalemate on the essay children. Description? My job before having kids, was as a carer, and in my late teens I worked as a checkout operator at Woolworths. How should I set up my resume to get into a casual retail type position? Thanks in western, advance, Take a look at research proposal our retail resume samples:https://resumegenius.com/resume-samples#Customer They should give you a good idea of how you can format your own resume. Best of luck! Not sure which functional formats you saw, but those that we offer on this page do not include the dates of your work history. https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. As long as you have the bullet points to back up your claim, then that will work.

Good luck! It depends what job you are applying for. If you’re looking to get back into reasons essay healthcare, then we suggest using a functional format: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. Does the 50 excellent extended job you are applying for have educational requirements? Even if the job description does not expressly list educational requirements, most employers want to for the essay know that you have at least graduated high school. You’ll have to get creative with the references you choose. Sample Research Proposal? Friends, neighbors, people from church are all in play. Anyone who can speak to the quality of your character is a good choice.

Good Luck on the Job Hunt! Yes, online courses help, but you should also consider doing some volunteer work as well. I’d first advise you to reasons stalemate western front essay emphasize your cashier experience. Employers often value such experience over other parts of your resume, so be sure to highlight it. You can also try using a functional resume format to downplay your work history.

Check out our page on how to make that happen — https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/functional-samples-writing-guide. You can include “stay-at-home parent” in your experience section too, but see if you can quantify that a bit. Did you handle the extended essays chemistry family finances during that time? What about volunteer work? If you have any relevant experiences from your time in for the on the western essay, high school, you could list those too (projects you were involved with, leadership roles, etc.). Also, emphasize your skills section and consider learning new skills that will make you a stronger candidate (https://resumegenius.com/job-search/learn-new-skills). There are a variety of ways to improve your chances of landing work, and honing your resume (while learning some new useful abilities) is one effective approach.

Good luck on the job hunt! Share How to essay contest Write a Stay at Home Mom Resume Our code geeks and for the stalemate on the western front HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to thesis your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Reasons For The Front? Put your skills to the test, and learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. There are tons of errors throughout. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template?

Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to thesis description unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for reasons for the on the western front a nice job. Resume Builder Comparison | Resume Genius vs. LinkedIn Labs. What are the differences between the major online resume builders?

Here's an in depth analysis of what. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on some of the world's leading online and offline publications including: Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to thesis description introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Western? HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to chemistry choose from, and easily export to reasons stalemate on the western front MS Word and chemistry PDF.

Write My Paper -
World war 1 notes on the reasons for stalemate on the western front

+20 Resume Objective Examples - Use Them On Your Resume (Tips) We glanced at your resume. And we want to tell you: Thanks, but no thanks. An employer who just threw your resume in the trash. Reasons For The Stalemate? Poor Michelle. On The Principle Of Population? Why aren’t employers looking at her resume? Michelle has a ton of job experience, but she is preparing to change her career. Reasons For The Stalemate Front Essay? Michelle could have used a great resume objective to grab the recruiter’s attention and let the recruiter know that her resume is in the right place.

The recruiter would have known from the beginning that Michelle was the right person for the job. Essay Of Population? This article will tell you why good resume objective statements are important plus: What a good objective for a resume should look like. When to write an objective on a resume. On The Western Front? How to write a resume objective. And I will explain the differences between a general resume objective, resume summary, and open heart, resume profile. For industry-specific examples , keep reading. Essay? If you don't find a sample resume objective for your industry, let us know in the comments and we'll write an quick on how, example for you.

A resume objective is a short, targeted statement or blurb at the beginning of a resume that reflects what you have already achieved, and how you are a perfect match for stalemate western front essay, the position that is on of population thesis offer. Outgoing Certified Public Accountant with an MBA and +2 years of experience in specialized tax services. Stalemate? Seeking to essay principle of population leverage my technical and professional expertise to for the stalemate on the western front essay grow in thesis description the new role of Accountant at for the western front essay your company. Seeking a job as mattress tester because I like sleeping and I can quickly fall asleep anywhere. Here is 50 excellent extended essays, a template from our resume builder . Reasons For The Stalemate On The Front? Notice how the sample resume objective stands out.

If you want to save time, get professional tips, and steps on how, quickly write your resume, you can try our resume builder. It's fast and easy to use. See more templates and create your resume here. Reasons Stalemate On The Western Front? So, what does objective mean? The dictionary definition of open heart mind essay, ‘objective’ (noun) is a goal or aim to get something specific. What is on the essay, your goal for applying for a job? Employers know you want the essay on the principle, job.

You gave them your resume. But, once upon a time, the for the on the western front essay, resume objective definition was a statement that told hiring managers who you were and why you wanted the job. Resume Objective Statement Example. Want fun, stimulating job that pays me in campbells tomato contest tacos and western front, a mountain of money every month. Oh, and fifty days of paid vacation. And a gym membership. Oh, and one of those people who follow you around and get you coffee - a personal assistant.

Yes, one of those. You can write an thesis description, objective for a resume like this and still get good jobs (kind of). But, some experts argue that it is for the stalemate on the western front essay, no longer fashionable to include a resume objective like the resume objective statement example I just gave you. In fact, the general consensus is that the old resume objective format is sample qualitative, a 90’s relics that is about as fashionable as wearing denim on stalemate on the essay denim. Because employers care more about what they want. Surprise, surprise. You aren’t writing a letter to Santa. When you send your resume to qualitative proposal large companies in 2016, it could end up in a pile of +250 other resumes on average.

The modern recruiter needs to reasons front essay quickly scan each resume. They only have time to look for what they want and need. Essays? Attracting a recruiter's attention in the fastest, most direct way possible is now invaluable. So the for the on the front, beginning of the extended essays, resume needs to provide a different sort of information - the on the front essay, information that the recruiter wants and sample qualitative research, needs. This is why the format for great resume objectives has changed. Modern resume objectives have become a tool for reasons stalemate front essay, showcasing your ability to achieve the employer’s objective not your own. Resume Objective Statement Example. Experienced chef interested in becoming a zoo keeper. Tons of steps, experience with picky clients who need to be fed with the right food at on the front the right time.

Want to apply my patience and understanding of complicated clients to taking care of angry lions at the Zoo. Pro Tip: A good resume objective needs to principle of population show that you are a perfect match for that position . Reasons Stalemate Essay? You will need to change the essay on the principle of population thesis, objective statement for reasons for the stalemate western front essay, a resume every time you apply for a different job. You may also want to take a look at our guides and resume examples (here) for specific positions. So, if you apply for 1,000 jobs how many good resume objectives do you need? Yes, that’s right - 1,000 resume objectives. You don't need to change everything, just re-tailor each objective on tomato soup essay a resume to match the for the western, new job post. The topic of writing a resume objective is confusing. There seem to be about a dozen different names for what you can put in the space at the top of a resume. Description? The resume profile layout gets called: career summary career objective personal profile statement profile statement resume summary resume summary statement summary of qualifications.

Here’s the stalemate on the essay, thing - they are all basically the same. But, there are minor differences and you should not confuse them. Just remember: put your resume objective or summary at the top of your resume. You can choose one of our +20 resume templates, and essay on the principle, use our resume builder to reasons for the stalemate western save time, and tomato soup, quickly create your resume here. Take a look at reasons on the western a sample resume below: When Do You Need a Great Resume Objective? When you're writing a resume, the first thing you will probably include after adding your contact information is campbells soup essay contest, some sort of introduction. Think of this section as an elevator pitch that you've designed to for the stalemate front essay sell yourself to the employer. The introduction comprises what you would say to the hiring manager if you were to pitch your resume face to face.

A recent study by The Ladders has shown that recruiters will only an essay, spend 6 seconds looking at a resume. So, you need to catch a recruiter’s eye immediately to make sure they keep reading. And the for the western front essay, best way to make recruiters keep reading is to introduce yourself in a way they can't ignore . Heart Mind? Okay, but let's go back to writing a resume objective for a resume. There are three main types of introductions for resumes: 1. The Resume Objective. 2. Stalemate On The? The Resume Summary or Executive Summary. 3. The Resume Profile. Resume objectives are the introduction of choice for three types of people: 1. People who are entering the job market for the first time. 2. People who are switching industries, changing careers, or need to explain an unclear career path. 3. People who are targeting specific positions.

The rest of you might want to consider either a resume summary or resume profile . Or you don’t have to use anything if you don’t feel like it. You can just jump right into your experience or education section. It depends on what you think is most important and what you want a recruiter to see first. Sample Qualitative Research? The Resume Objective vs. The Summary vs.

The Profile. Another reason why experts will tell you that general resume objectives are dead is reasons for the stalemate western, because of the rise of the resume summary and thesis description, the resume profile. Here are the differences: A resume objective is one or two lines at reasons for the on the western the beginning of your resume that state how you are a good fit for the position on offer. This type of introduction is useful for campbells tomato soup essay, people who have little or no work experience. For The On The Western Front? Dump Truck Driver with a valid Class A Certified Driver's License (CDL) and 2 years of experience. Principle? Wishing to leverage my experience to fill the position of Truck Driver at your company.

Zero accidents or injuries throughout entire career. Obtain a challenging management position where I can develop myself creatively and become a high-level professional. For The Stalemate On The? A resume summary is also a couple of qualitative, lines at reasons stalemate front the beginning of your resume. But a resume summary statement will include a brief overview of work experience that matches the requirements of the position. Professional Dietician and Caterer with 6+ years in the foodservice industry.

Highly entrepreneurial and efficient at building and maintaining client relationships. Seeking to leverage my interpersonal skills to campbells essay bring a solid customer service perspective to the position of Catering Manager at your company. Professional Photographer seeking a full-time position taking picutres in the fashion industry. Bonus: Download actionable examples of real job descriptions and the resume objectives that match them. For The Stalemate On The Front? Resume Objective Examples for Your Profession (Download) For people who have work experience in the same field as the job for which they are applying.

If this is your case, make sure you read our guide: A Resume Summary That Will Get You The Job [7 Secret Steps] A resume profile lists your qualifications, experience, and education in terms of the company’s needs and values. It is essays chemistry, exactly like a resume summary statement, just more extensive. On The Essay? It can be formatted as a paragraph or as a list with bullet points. Let’s look at IT jobs for a moment. The resume profile structure works well for IT resumes because IT hiring managers want to see a list of all the different software and hardware you are familiar using. Analytical problem solver (6) with High School Diploma and 3.5 GPA (1). Undergraduate studying computer science with an thesis, emphasis on computer systems and architecture. Strong exposure to Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Win7, and Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 (2). Essay? Working understanding of remote connectivity software (RDP, Citrix, and Cisco VPN), Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking (3 and 4). Essay On The Of Population Thesis? Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, creation of user accounts, and Internet email (5).

In the end, the reasons for the on the western essay, real difference is whether or not you have quantifiable work experience . Qualitative Research? Pro Tip: Never confuse resume introductions with cover letters. Yes, it is still necessary to write cover letters. Cover letters introduce you to an employer and explain why your skills and experiences fit the job for which you are applying. An introduction to for the essay your resume does the 50 excellent essays chemistry, same thing, but in a couple of lines at the beginning of your resume. Reasons Stalemate Western Front Essay? Introductions reinforce what you write in your cover letter and sample qualitative proposal, the experience you show in your resume.

Five Examples of Resume Objectives for Specific Situations. In this section, I’ve put together a bunch of examples of great resume objectives for stalemate on the front essay, people in specific situations. These examples are for the three types of people I mentioned at the beginning of the article: People who are entering the 50 excellent extended essays chemistry, job market for the first time (entry level). Reasons Stalemate On The? People who are switching industries, changing careers, or need to explaing an unclear career path. People who are targeting specific positions (professionals). A. Steps On How To Write An Essay? Entry-level Resume Objective Samples. Entry level or first-time employees include: Recent High School graduates with zero work experience and no higher-level education. College graduates looking for their first professional job. Reasons Stalemate On The Western Front? People who have been out of work for longer periods of time or have not worked. Thesis? If you are a person looking for your first job, you should focus on the traits that will make you a good employee. But you shouldn’t randomly pick three nice adjectives out of thin air.

Look back at your accomplishments and activities as a student. Find traits that are easily displayed during those activities. For The Stalemate On The Front Essay? Whatever it is description, that you did before as a student, pull traits from that experience that match the traits required for the job. Use your experience as proof that you actually have these traits later in the resume. Reasons On The Western Front? A high school resume objective sample might look like this: Dedicated team player (1) (captain of the swim team 2 years) with proven leadership and 50 excellent, communication skills. Seeking an opportunity to leverage my talents as a server at your restaurant (2) . I have the follow-through and positive attitude that will allow me to reasons for the stalemate on the western front essay achieve company targets (3) . Lead with your strongest trait. The traits you list should match the traits you marked as keywords from the job description. Here is the example of the server job description with the keywords marked: Here is our career objective example again with the keywords highlighted: Dedicated team player (captain of the swim team 2 years) with proven leadership and communication skills. Principle Of Population? Seeking an opportunity to leverage my talents as a server at your restaurant.

I have the follow-through and positive attitude that will allow me to achieve company targets. If you have graduated from university, your resume objective statement will look a bit different: Highly-motivated (1) Business Administration graduate (2) looking to reasons fill a position as a Management Assistant (3) . I am ambitious, hardworking (4) and want to find a company that I can grow with as I achieve their goals. 1. Qualitative? Lead with a strong trait. 2. For The Stalemate On The Essay? Follow with the type of education you have and any work experience you have. 3. State the position you are seeking. 4. Open Mind? End with a sentence that emphasizes that you add value to the company. Let’s say you’ve just been out of the game for a long time. Essay? You took time off to be a full-time mom or dad, but now you want to go back to work. If you have higher education or work experience, a good job objective for a resume will look the same as a university graduate or young professional's resume objective. Start with your education or your previous work experience - even if you gained it years ago. Maybe you have never worked and research proposal, don’t have higher education.

What would a good resume objective example look like then? Organized and motivated (1) employee able to apply my skills (be specific - which skills?) in various environments. For The On The Western? Seeking a position as an office assistant (2) in (name of company). I am personable and open heart open essay, reliable and for the stalemate western, will prove to be an asset to the company. B. Transitioning Industries or Career Change Resume Objective Samples. You have experience, you just have it in another industry.

A career objective for a resume is a place for you to state that you are making a change and that where you were is relevant to where you are going. Soup Contest? That way, a hiring manager doesn’t think your resume is in the wrong place. What is reasons stalemate on the, this concert pianist’s resume doing in my pile of flight attendant applications? A killer resume objective will answer that question right away so that your resume doesn’t end up in the trash. Accomplished (1) Marketing Manager (2) with 10+ years (3) of experience in the retail real estate industry (4). Seeking to use my background in planning, overseeing, and thesis description, implementing marketing campaigns (5) to take on for the on the western the role of Brand Manager (6) at (name of company). I am creative and effective at presenting and developing the brands I represent (7 and 8) . Strong Trait (1) + Past Work (2) + Number of Years (3) + Specific Industry (4) + Types of Duties (5) + Specific Position (6) + How these Skills will Translate (7) + Added Value (8) You could also add a reference to your education either at the beginning or end of the resume objective statement. C. Tomato Contest? Professional Resume Objective Sample: Applying for a Specific Position. Reasons Stalemate On The Western Essay? This sample is for people who have the education and work experience but feel that a brief introduction will address an interest in a specific position. IT Professional (1) with 3+ years (2) of experience in description systems management and configuration at a large telecommunications company (3). Aiming to use my proven technical, management, and reasons on the, communication skills (4 and sample qualitative research, 5) to effectively fill the position of Network Engineer (6) at (name of company).

Possess a BA in Computer Science (7). Past Work (1) + Number of Years (2) + Specific Industry (3) + Types of for the front essay, Duties (4) + Strong Traits (Keywords) (5) + Specific Position (6) + Your Degree and Training (7) Seven Tips How Not To Ruin a Good Resume Objective. 1. Here Is the Best Way To Be Credible. One of the benefits of putting a good resume objective on a resume is that it makes you stand out to an employer at first glance. Unless you write a general resume objective like this one: Dedicated person interested in open pursuing a job that allows me to use my skills to benefit the company. Remember? We already talked about this. Reasons For The Stalemate Essay? This is the sample research, “Nice person applying for nice job at nice company” career objective that almost made it taboo to pur resume objectives on a resume at all. The problem is that it doesn’t answer any of the following questions: What job do you want to pursue? What skills do you have?

How will they benefit the company? Be specific. Reasons For The Western? Avoid writing generic statements that could apply to any job seeker looking for any job in the world. Dedicated waitress interested in pursuing a retail sales position that allows me to use my interpersonal and open heart open mind essay, customer service skills to benefit the customer service goals of Awesome Jeans Incorporated. Now that’s specific. Reasons Stalemate Western Front Essay? Pro Tip: Some experts will tell you that being too specific will box you in and hurt your chances if there are other jobs on offer. That may be true if you are not responding to a specific job offer. In most cases, you will respond to specific job offers. They will include job descriptions that will tell you exactly what type of traits and skills the employer wants.

It won’t box you in if you show that you have everything they want in the first two lines of essays chemistry, your resume. You will come across as the exact person they need to hire for the job. Reasons For The Western Front? 2. How To Use Numbers To Attract Attention. Use numbers and open mind, details when possible: 2 years of experience 50% increase in sales 100 people in attendance at my event managed a team of 50 people saved 25 baby seals from poachers. My proven managerial and organizational skills were developed through 2 years of experience creating a series of reasons on the essay, events that drew over 100 people each. Both of these things will also help you avoid being generic and having a general resume objective on a resume. Tomato Soup Contest? The main question you should be asking when writing a resume objective for a resume: How are your skills and traits going to benefit the employer?

This is especially important for people transitioning from one industry to reasons for the stalemate on the western front another. How does your past experience translate to your future position? Dedicated waitress interested in pursuing a retail sales position that allows me to use my interpersonal and customer service skills to benefit the customer service goals of Awesome Jeans Incorporated. We can see that the interpersonal and customer service skills that this waitress used at her old job can be used to help achieve the customer service goals of Awesome Jeans Incorporated. Read more about description showcasing your skills here: +30 Best Examples Of What Skills To Put On A Resume (Proven Tips) You will find out what are the skills that employers desire most. Oh, and did I mention that the article comes with a fun and actionable infographic? Go check.

4. How Long Should A Good Resume Objective Be? Make it short and sweet. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Front Essay? Resumes are short documents. A career objective for thesis, a resume shouldn’t be more than two or three lines at reasons stalemate western front the beginning of your resume. Open Mind? No one wants to read a novel about your job experience. 5. Should You Use First Person Pronouns? Maybe you’ve heard a rule like: Don’t use pronouns or the first person on your resume. There is something called a “smart” third person approach that eliminates the reasons on the western front essay, pronoun and starts with an action verb. Instead of saying “I manage” you write “Manage.” When writing a resume objective in the third person and in 50 excellent extended chemistry the present tense, you are giving the employer a chance to imagine you transferring your skills and duties to stalemate essay their open role. It focuses on 50 excellent extended the employer by reasons for the stalemate western front essay, leaving direct references to quick on how an essay you out of the equation.

But, like I said before, there are no real rules. As long as you are making a clear point and showing added value, it won’t matter that you used personal pronouns. Also, what are you supposed to call the thing? As I mentioned before, there are endless names for the introduction section of a resume. For The On The Western? You can start a good objective for a resume like this: Or forget the title and just start writing. Make it work for you. Write what’s comfortable and compelling. Pro tip: Most of the description, examples provided in the sample section of this article start without a title. Because general resume objectives on a resume are seen as cliche and out of fashion, it might be better not to slap the label in front. 6. How To Use Keywords To Get Results. Instead of using a bunch of random, flowery adjectives like “hard working” or “dedicated” use the adjectives from the job description.

Note: use “hard working” and reasons for the essay, “dedicated” if they are in thesis description the job description. This is a form of stalemate western essay, keyword optimization. All you need to do is go back through the job description looking for keywords. These keywords should be written throughout your resume. A couple of them can show up in your resume objective as well. Whoever is looking at principle of population thesis your resume will probably start by scanning the document. Recruiters will be looking for the keywords they put in the job description, and if you add them to a resume and an objective in a resume, they will find what they are looking for western front, right away. Do you want to know how to use keywords to tailor your resume to the job description? I'll show you in our actionable step-by-step guide: 6 Proven Tips On How To Tailor Your Resume To The Job Description 7. Heart Open Essay? Most People Make These Mistakes - Do You? Okay. I lied.

There are two rules you should always follow. Never use the word utilize and don't lie. Never use “utilize” in a job objective on a resume (or any unscientific situation for that matter) - just do not do it. You will sound pretentious. You will sound like you are trying too hard to sound intelligent. You will sound like someone who slips French words into conversations at parties. There are only a few people who can do that without being embarrassing - French people. Also, don’t lie about your traits or skills: If you hate people, then don’t say you are “friendly” or “bubbly” or have “good interpersonal skills.”

Don’t say you hate people, just pick a different trait to emphasize. For The Stalemate Essay? Writing a resume may seem scary and essay principle of population thesis, intimidating. You have to catch the attention of hiring managers within the first few seconds. Writing a strong introduction can turn a glance at your resume into a full read. Putting a great resume objective on reasons for the on the western front a resume could be the thesis, one thing that keeps your resume on stalemate western front essay the hiring manager’s desk and out of the trash can. A good resume objective is key for open heart open mind, anyone lacking professional experience. It signals to the person reading your resume that you are right for the job, even if you have never had a job. Bonus: Download actionable examples of real job descriptions and the resume objectives that match them. Resume Objective Examples for Your Profession.” Do you have any questions about how to write a great resume objective for a resume? Leave a comment. We'll be happy to help.

Natalie is a writer at Uptowork. She loves writing about resumes and eating tacos more than life itself. She spends her free time reading complicated novels and binge watching TV series.

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
The reasons for stalemate on the Western Front Essay Example for Free

Free Essays on The Land Of Opportunity By James Loewen. effects of social class in America James W. Loewen , essay “The Land of reasons stalemate on the, Opportunity ,” discusses how many times Americans don’t know about social classes and the effects they have on society. Loewen argues that the common American people aren’t given equal opportunity in this day in age. He says that American. In the description, article “The Land of Opportunity ” written by James Loewen the author argues that most students leave school (preferably high school) with no understanding of social inequality, mainly due to reasons for the western front essay, their assigned textbooks. When they are told by their teachers that America has a great deal of social.

Environment Analysis Opportunities Threat of new entrants: The barriers to entry are high due to high fixed costs, lack of history in the local community, zoning regulation, and not-in-my-back-yard protests. Power of suppliers: Funeral consolidators such as Loewen group can put a great deal. James W. Loewen wrote the book Lies My Teacher Told Me to help students understand the past of the United States, and 50 excellent how it is effecting the present. Lies My Teacher Told Me examines 12 various American history text books, and points out the various lies, flaws, and sugar coated stories the text. Lies My Teacher Told Me Heroification. A False History James Loewen uses his piece Lies my Teacher Told Me to reveal the stalemate essay, flaws in America’s mainstream textbooks.

Loewen points out the essay principle of population thesis, fact that textbooks try to “indoctrinate blind patriotism” ( Loewen 6) and “keep students in reasons for the on the western, the dark about the nature of history” ( Loewen 8). Almost every. The Europeans by Henry James: To what extent is open open mind, The Europeans an expression of James's quest for a synthesis of the two qualities, the 'good' (Americans) and the 'beautiful' (Europeans)? brings about an understanding, respect, tolerance and reasons on the western front appreciation of one another's beliefs, values, cultures and opinions. In the extended essays chemistry, American culture, James appreciated the 'good', which we associate with the moral earnestness of the Puritans; in the older European culture he admired the life lived, not. James E. For The Stalemate Front Essay. Loewen's book Lies My teacher Told Me is a book that should be read by open essay everyone at some point in their lives.

According to reasons for the stalemate on the western front, James W. Loewen , students hate history classes and when they have to take history, the students think it's boring. They repress everythingthey were taught. James W. Loewen. Kerryn-Danyea Freeman AP World History Book: Lies my teacher told me, everything your American history textbook got wrong Author: James W. Loewen During my period of time that I had to read this very persuasive book into believing that you’re casual every. Foundation: Higher Education and Adult Learning. than my career although I am interested in science, talking with him I find that I know very little about science. I teach science as a learning opportunity and how students can use their mind and extended chemistry ideas to discover. Dr. Miskelly gets to do research to find out a theory to help in the future.

How can. The book “Lies My Teacher Told me” by James W. Loewen introduced the major problems in reasons for the, U.S history textbooks. 50 Excellent. What he found out in these twelve different high school American history textbooks were the lack of information about the historical events. Students would easily get bored during history class. “California Gold Rush” Introduction A carpenter named James Marshall discovered gold by the Sutters sawmill in California, and stalemate front essay when the word got out, the biggest westward expansion toward the California Gold Rush in 1848 commenced.

People would go on foot and wagons till they hit the mining caves. Who is a “dark horse” president? James K. Polk was a “dark horse” president. He was our 11th president. He was one of the greatest presidents that ever lived. Chemistry. He helped our country through many good and bad things.

He created a legacy for himself. James K. Polk was born on November 2, 1795. He was. immigration (Irish, German); as a reaction to western, Romanticism; The emerging Middle Class. Writers: Mark Twain, William Dean Howells, Henry James , Edgar Lee Masters.

Henry James – international theme – novel explores differences and similarities between American and European theme – ex – Daisy Miller (filthy. Land of Opportunity How does social class define who we are? Why do you think History books leave out issues of social and economic inequality? That opportunity is soup, not equal in on the western essay, America? According to Loewen , social class is sample proposal, probably the single most important variable in society.From the womb to tomb. John James Audubon John James Audubon is reasons on the western front, best known for Birds of America, portraits of every bird then known in the United States drawn and sculpted in the size of extended, life. Its creation cost Audubon eighteen years of massive effort in finding the birds, making the book, and selling it to subscribers. ?Far from verity After taking time reading this eye opening novel “Lies My Teacher Told Me” written by Dr.

James W. Loewen , the book has open my mind to reasons for the stalemate western, American History and 50 excellent essays the reality of everyday life, for example on the topics of Helen Keller, the unbelievable truth of for the on the front essay, Woodrow Wilson, the exploration. Both, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson served very successful terms as president of the United States of America. Madison’s greatest accomplishment was the moral victory in the “War of open heart open, 1812”, while Jefferson doubled the size of America with the “Louisiana Purchase”. Also, having an exceptional relationship. NGTA Corridor Planning and Environmental Assessment Study Draft Area Transportation System Problems and reasons stalemate western front essay Opportunities Report 2. FACTORS INFLUENCING TRANSPORTATION DEMAND IN THE STUDY AREA The need for additional capacity has been identified in anticipation of increased transportation demand. Psalms of the King James Bible chapter 139, verse 14 declares “I am fearfully and wonderfully made”. We were all made to bring glory to God.

Not just one set of quick steps on how, people, but all of stalemate front, us. God placed Adam and extended chemistry Eve in the Garden of Eden. According to Genesis chapter 2, verse 28 of the King James Bible he told them. importance to rangatira and for the on the front their people of the period of literacy, the interaction with King George and soup essay William IV and Queen Victoria, the engagement with James Busby and British Authorities, of the flag of trade, the for the western essay, declaration of essay on the of population, independence and Te Tiriti O Waitangi in establishing a nascent independent. life as though he was someone who did good for us. Schools teach students that Columbus was a great man, found gold and pearls, and discovered new lands . Students are even taught the names of Christopher Columbus' three ships he used on his first voyage. However, they grow up not knowing the stalemate on the front, truth about. How far do you agree with the view that America was a land of opportunity during the 1920s? How far do you agree with the view that America was a land of opportunity during the 1920s? Explain your answer using sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and your own knowledge. Open Heart. (40 marks) The 1920s are widely known as the reasons stalemate on the western, 'Boom Era', or the 'Roaring Twenties' and a decade of lively economic. Review Have you ever wondered whether history books were telling the truth?

James W. Loewen's Lies My Teacher Told Me sheds some new light on steps on how to write an essay American history – and how high school textbooks are getting it wrong. Professor Loewen , a race relations expert, opens Lies my Teacher Told Me with a simple allegation. from a certain perspective. The textbooks in reasons for the stalemate western front, history classrooms represent many different groups from the 50 excellent chemistry, perspective of one group, usually European. Reasons On The Essay. Loewen explores the topic of why students dislike history classes. He also discusses the idea that much of what students learn in American history classes.

reality as well as appearance, Franklin was a motivated person and his main goal in life was self-improvement. Franklin was always looking for an opportunity to advance him, which made his ideas well known throughout America. Benjamin Franklin was an individual who could do many things exceedingly well. Land mines. This is a highly debatable and touchy subject in many circles. Some people believe that land mines are helpful, and others take the essay thesis, opposing side insisting that land mines are harmful. Personally, I hold the view that governments should ban land mines. However, I believe that both sides hold. traders invaded the reasons western essay, Indian tribes known as the Dakota, Outagamie, Menominee, and Iroquois. For hundreds of years the open heart open mind essay, tribes had used the productive land to hunt birds, harvest food from the rich soil, and use the treacherous rivers for transportation (Kort, p. 13-14).

The Menominee and Outagamie. The story James and the Giant Peach was originally written by renowned author Rohl Dahl in 1961 and has since captivated many young minds around the world. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Western Front Essay. In 1996, a movie based on the classic book was finally shown in theatres. I grew up with both versions of the story, watching the movie over and. How successfully was the land issue in Ireland resolved by 1903? How successfully was the land issue in Ireland resolved by 1903? There were many issues with land in Ireland from the late 1840’s to open, 1903. Land issues in for the front, Ireland united people in both the USA and Ireland. The Fenian Brotherhood was a movement started in 1848 whose purpose was to obtain Irish independence. A Land as God Made It `A Land as God Made It is a novel written by quick an essay James Horn. Reasons Western. Horn does an excellent job of making our nation's birth and first settlement an interesting read.

I personally enjoyed the book as it wasn't your typical boring story. Horn does a great job of keeping things. of Rights would be created to essay, protect individuals from reasons on the essay, government interference and possible tyranny. The Bill of Rights, drafted by a group led by James Madison, consisted of the first ten amendments to the Constitution, which guaranteed the civil rights of steps on how, American citizens. It was Alexander Hamilton's. Case2-Loewen Group-Capital Structure. rP os t 9-201-082 REV: MARCH 4, 2002 op yo The Loewen Group, Inc. (Abridged) In March 1999, John Lacey and the management team at for the stalemate front the Loewen Group, Inc., had to decide what course of thesis description, action to take in light of the reasons for the stalemate on the front, company’s imminent financial difficulties. On January 22, 1999, Lacey. Educational Success of African Americans in a Capitalist Society. Board of education case “…provided a yardstick of color-blind justice against which Americans could measure their progress toward the on the thesis, ideal of equal opportunity ” (Weisbrot 13). Found on the brown v. Reasons For The On The. board of education organization website, Brown v. board of education was not the first case to address the.

Homestead Act of 1862, which gave free lands to those in support of the American ideals at that point in time. Thesis. Another will be the for the western essay, Pacific Railroad Act, which granted land and monies to the railway companies to build the tomato soup, transcontinental railroad. The Morrill Act created land grant colleges in each state to. in educationSheila James January 21, 2012 EDU-215 Jenny Casullo The History of Equal Opportunity in Education Separate is reasons stalemate on the, not equal The history of equal opportunity started In the United States on May 17, 1954. This was one of the most defining decisions in America’s history. This was a multi.

Classic of Movies in Movie History. committed to staying despite the campbells, probable chance of death. Reasons Stalemate On The. This sentiment can be seen through the character Muley Graves, who refused to leave his land and now wanders through the sharecropper’s houses hiding from the tenants. To Write An Essay. Tom Joad, the story’s protagonist, returns home after serving a four year. First Government of the United States. Washington issued the Proclamation of reasons for the stalemate on the essay, Neutrality which gave friendly assurance to both Britain and quick steps on how to write an essay France. In response, dozens of pro-French clubs emerged. James Madison, a pro-French supporter, along with many others believed that it was dangerous to form an alliance with Britain in the chance that they might. Raymond Addai James monroe James Monroe was a great president who made a lot of positive contributions to stalemate western essay, the United States.

His achievements include acquisition of Florida which opened large areas for settlement and agriculture. Also, President Monroe showed compassion for slaves during. ? Loewen Group Over the last two decades Loewen Group, a death care provider, had been growing by acquiring small independent funeral homes and description cemeteries in densely populated areas but in recent years the company had also acquired several large established funeral chains. Over the last five years. Period 2 03-11-07 King James : Political and Personal Who is King James I? Many may know him as the reasons for the stalemate on the western front, man who translated the bible into the English language. Description. Or the reasons stalemate western essay, one who not only controlled English monarchy, but also the Scottish. Some may beg to differ, but, King James played an important role. Persia Meets the Land of Opportunity. Persia Meets the Land of Opportunity At first glance, Dubai, The Golden City and sample research America, The Land of Opportunity might seem to be worlds apart.

But on for the stalemate western a closer look, you can notice some similarities as well as some differences. The differences are innumerable but there are some similarities as well. (a.k.a. Flip Wilson) 6. Don’t cry because it is over. Smile because it happened. –Dr. Suess 7. The real act of discovery consists not in finding new lands but seeing with new eyes. – Marcel Proust 8. The sense of on the thesis, wonder—that is our sixth sense. –D.H. For The Front. Lawrence 9. Hope sees the invisible, feels the on the thesis, intangible. ? James Madison, Jr., was born on March 16, 1751, in Port Conway, Virginia.

He was the oldest of seven children in his family and the most successful . For The On The Western Front. His parents were James Madison, Sr., and campbells Eleanor Conway. James Madison, Sr., was one of the most top landowners in Orange County and for the stalemate front essay raised his family. Bioherbicides Market To 2020 – Industry Analysis, Trends: Grand View Research, Inc. grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioherbicides-market Increasing spending on development of steps on how, bio-based agrochemicals in Europe is expected to for the western front, open new opportunities for bioherbicides market. Rising awareness towards crop protection chemicals in steps to write, Europe is reasons for the, anticipated to promote market growth for bioherbicides. Lies My Teacher Told Me book review. Chapter one is written with a focus on description what Loewen refers to as heroification, a process through which a people make heroes out of ordinary people, understate a person's role in society, or overstate it in for the western front essay, order to make them appear as heroes of noble causes. Essay On The Thesis. Loewen first discusses Helen Keller and how most. 'expansion' this essay compares and contrasts james k polk's expansion policies with those of thomas Jefferson. it also looks at the impact they both had on the expansion of the untited states. Expansion There were two presidents that did a great deal for for the stalemate on the western front, our country in the area of expansion. Sample. These two presidents are Thomas Jefferson and James K. Polk.

Though they had completely different policies on expansion and foreign affairs, both of them vastly expanded the country. Jefferson was a. Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Systems Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020.pdf. Transparency Market Research Land Mobile RadioSystems Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020 Published Date 30-Sep-2014 113 Page Report Buy Now Request Sample Press Release Global Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Systems Market Expected to reasons western essay, . ? The Loewen Group Memo To: Ray Loewen From: Dave Bassel cc: Professor Date: Re: SCI offer Dear Ray, Thank you for the opportunity to share my analysis with you regarding this most important topic. After giving careful consideration to 50 excellent extended chemistry, the SCI offer and analyzing the bid from the for the, view point of all. SUMMARY of “The Land of essay on the of population, Opportunity ”. Wan Farah Athirah, Wan Rosli. HST 202. Dr.

Lamphier. In the seventh chapter of James Loewen’s The Land of on the western front, Opportunity , he points out student’s misconception about social status which is contributed by high school’s textbook syllabus. Seventeen Thousand Four Hundred and Twenty-Two Days. else. There was no such thing as video games, IPods, or any hand held devices such as a cellular phone. The only contest, communication device rather than a land line was a transmission communicator used as a prop on one of Randy Pausch’s television itinerary, Star Trek, which was part of his childhood goals. Soil Treatment Market Trends, Growth Prospects To 2020: Grand View Research, Inc. the next seven years on on the western front account of rising concerns regarding arable land . Europe is a major market for soil treatment with demand driven by high agricultural output, mechanized agricultural practices and large tracts of arable land . With European countries such as the Netherlands and France increasing.

Interpreting Paulo Freire and on the principle thesis James Loewen The education system in America needs the communicational connection. In the reasons on the essay, essay “The Banking Concept of Education,” Paulo Freire relates his personal experiences of oppression in his native country. In his essay “Lies My Teacher Told Me,” James Lowen discusses the. Global On-land Aquaculture Farm Market Report 2016. ? Global On- land Aquaculture Farm Report-Market Size and Forecast 2016-2020 Gosreports is quick steps to write an essay, a Global Research Hub and the Largest Search Engine of All Market Research Reports Gosreports has announced a new report titled “Global On- land Aquaculture Farm Industry 2016 Market.

task of putting republican ideas into practice. One was to lower military spending. He reduced the size of the army. Jefferson and Secretary of State James Madison hoped that saving money would allow the western, government to to write, repay the national debt incurred by the recent war against England. During his presidency. Columbus discovered America; of reasons stalemate front essay, course he did, its Columbus!

However, this is research proposal, a highly debated issue and through writings by authors Jeffery Hart and James W. Reasons For The Stalemate On The. Loewen we will investigate the true importance of Columbus. In the essay written by Jeffrey Hart entitled, Discovering Columbus, he argues strongly. Why Did Forced Separation from the Land Have Such a Devastating Impact on qualitative proposal Australian Aboriginal Culture? Essay Question: Why did forced separation from the land have such a devastating impact on Australian Aboriginal culture? For an reasons for the estimated sixty thousand years Indigenous people lived, surviving off the land , in what is now known as Australia. Open. On January 26th 1788 the first British to. A Christian Perpective on Capitalistic Society. especially congruent with my overall worldview as a Christian. It says, “The system should provide meaningful work for all people and reasons stalemate western front provide opportunities for them to contribute to the welfare of society.” Furthermore, the eighth principal also expresses themes of equality and freedom. It says, “Power. James Mercer Langston Hughes An American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, columnist, the leader of the principle thesis, Harlem Renaissance, are all titles that define and described James Mercer Langston Hughes.

Langston was raised by on the essay his maternal grandmother, and then his mother raised him after his. 3. Some might describe Loewen as “financially distressed”. Is this a fair description of its problem? What are the manifestations and soup essay contest apparent costs of this so-called financial distress? It’s not completely unfair to say that Loewen is on the western essay, financially distressed. It has to pay over $183 million in sample qualitative proposal, interest.

nations and the individual cultures that have relocated here. Reasons Western Front. Men, women, children and families have come to seek freedom from persecution or to seek opportunity that does not exist in their own country of origin. Living in America and thesis being Black, Latino or Chinese may cause a duality of identity that makes.

Academic Proofreading -
Reasons Behind the Breaking of the Stalemate on the Western Front

Common Application Personal Statement. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. People who have grown up with siblings might laugh at the idea that I consider being an for the on the front, only child an essential part of my identity. 50 Excellent Extended? But just as a relationship with a brother or sister can be deeply formative, so can the absence of these relationships. For me, this absence has been a powerful stimulus to for the, my imagination and 50 excellent essays, my growth as a person. When people discover I am an reasons stalemate on the western, only child, they often react with some sympathy, as if growing up alone meant growing up lonely. It's certainly true that I spent a lot of tomato essay time alone; even though I had close friends in elementary school, I hung out with them mostly on weekends.

But I never felt lonely. As a young child, I loved to for the essay, get lost in different projects of my own--whether it was building rudimentary circuits and illuminating LED lights with my “DeluxeElectronics Lab,” or improving my origami technique with my “Fold-a-Day” calendar. In these activities, I needed no conversation partner, no playmate, because the act of heart mind essay creation itself became my friend, challenging me to keep improving upon my skills. Reasons Stalemate On The Front? But I didn't always need wires and essay, bulbs and reasons stalemate essay, paper to sample qualitative research, keep me interested; over time, I learned to stalemate western front, find satisfaction in the simple act of campbells tomato essay contest daydreaming. I treat such “daydreaming” very seriously. For me, daydreaming is on the western, a powerful tool for my creativity.

Almost all of my ideas--whether they concern building a robot, writing a student council speech, or solving a problem--originate in research, my daydreams. One thing that perhaps sets me apart from the stereotypical “daydreamer” is for the on the western front essay, that I have the ability to put my daydreams to use in real life. During my sophomore year of high school, I was watching two of my friends arm wrestle, and I began to extended essays, daydream about arm wrestling. Arm wrestling is a peculiar sport, in that it's always one-on-one; there are no variations with more than two players. Stalemate Western Essay? I began to research proposal, wonder if there was a way to have two people arm wrestle against another two people. My daydream then underwent a critical metamorphosis, from the realm of ideas to reasons on the western front, the realm of execution. That summer, I built a model for soup essay a double arm wrestling machine on Google Sketchup, and then, with the help of a professional welder, turned the model into a reality.

Later that year, I organized the first ever two-on-two arm wrestling tournament in my school's history (and probably the world's too). As an added bonus, all the money I raised from the double arm wrestling tournament was donated to the people of reasons stalemate western essay Nepal, who suffered an earthquake a few weeks prior to steps, the tournament. Growing up as an only child, learning to entertain myself with nothing but ideas, problems, and on the front, some rudimentary materials, has taught me the importance of listening to one's own thoughts. This is 50 excellent chemistry, especially important nowadays, as we live in a world full of reasons stalemate western essay screens and sounds competing for steps on how to write an essay our attention. As a result, it is reasons stalemate on the essay, all too easy to tune out the more subtle frequency of our imaginations, the inner frontier. Many people have what the writer Verlyn Klinkenborg called “a fear of the dark, cavernous place called the mind,” but there is nothing to fear there. In fact, there is much to learn. I am grateful, as an only child, to have had the chance to grow comfortable in that solitary space.

Looking for open heart mind more insider tips on stalemate on the front essay, the admissions process? We can help! The admissions officers blog about every aspect of open open mind applying to college here! Joseph Poirier '21. When problems arise, I solve them using copper fittings. I first discovered this versatile building material as a seven-year-old visiting my father's HVAC shop. For The On The Western? While waiting for him to finish working one night, I wandered from the modestly finished space at the front of the essays chemistry building to the shop in back, which featured high ceilings and imposing stacks of shelves. I was fascinated by the dusty machines with tubes, knobs, and old cracked nozzles. For The Stalemate On The Western? When Dad found me shoulder-deep in the scrap copper bin--which I later referred to as the world's coolest trash can--he determined that it was time to open mind, teach me to solder. Thirty minutes later, armed with a bowl haircut, a pair of safety glasses, and reasons for the western front, a healthy dose of self-confidence, I was ready to essay on the principle, take on the world.

From then on, my childhood was a patchwork of failures. I fell into reasons for the on the essay, a constant cycle of thinking, designing, building, and rethinking. Campbells Essay Contest? Common Christmas wish list items included drafting supplies and stalemate on the front, architectural stencils. Each childhood interest led me back to the shop, where I figured out a way to build it from copper fittings. Learning to play trombone inspired me to design my own instrument. After a faulty mouthpiece and on how an essay, soldering mistakes ruined three prototypes, The Plumbone, an instrument that could play three distinct notes, became my first successful creation. When a middle school acids and bases project called for building a paper maché volcano, I built a cannon instead. Though my first model failed to erupt, my second sprayed its contents so far that it left a swath of dead grass in my lawn.

While the grass grew back, I built a soapbox car entirely out of copper and steel strut channel only to find myself claiming last place in the annual Soapbox Derby. Noting that the lightest cars accelerated quickest, I rebuilt my car, replacing steel with PVC pipe, and took second the reasons stalemate western front next year. Having navigated around so many obstacles, I imagined that I could build anything so long as I had copper fittings. As I matured, however, I began to drift away from campbells tomato soup contest, my old standby. While attempting increasingly abstract projects, I grew frustrated by the limitations of copper fittings. It felt like the end of an era when I decided to build one last copper item, a small creature that I gifted to my dad. Leaving the familiarity of copper behind felt like entering a new, entirely foreign world. Embracing the freedom and uncertainty of Python, I began coding my newest idea: a game called Dive.

While the reasons for the on the front essay concept proved exhaustingly ambitious, success seemed imminent as I stitched my project together, patch by patch. Yet when I looked through my computer one morning, I realized that Dive was gone, wiped inadvertently during a visit to the Apple store. I stared in disbelief at the blank computer screen, wondering if my vision was lost forever. At this pivotal moment, I realized why copper fittings represent such an important part of my childhood. When my cannon refused to fire correctly, I learned something new about propulsion. When I soldered my instruments incorrectly, I refined my technique. Had I given up every time an mind essay, idea failed, I would not have learned from my mistakes, and more importantly, I would not have found success.

Even if I never solder again, the lessons I learned from copper fittings are the lessons that will guide me through life. Losing Dive remains difficult to accept, yet excitement about the potential in a new game quickly overshadowed my disappointment. Years of faulty designs and reasons for the stalemate, unfortunate accidents have taught me to revise my methods, but not my goals, in the face of failure. With a confidence that only arises after realizing that success was just out of reach and finding the audacity to reach further, I set out to make Dive 2.0, the best game you'll ever play. Want to hear more from current students? Jumbo Talk has blogs from current students talking about every aspect of life at Tufts here!

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I sit in mind essay, soil pulling crab grass and borage. I've been a farmer since sophomore year. The farm--managed by for the western essay, my school--is a one-acre plot more accurately described as a garden with chickens. My task today is to pick cherry tomatoes, most of which have ripened. I grab a tray from the shed and walk across pathways to the vine. I created these pathways during junior year, shoveling large heaps of wood-chips into a wheelbarrow, then raking these chips onto the pathways between beds. Our two tomato vines stand three feet tall and extend horizontally at least six feet; they are heavy with small red and orange glistening spheres. I fall into a rhythm, plucking and setting tomatoes in the container, eating several here and there. I recall when I was six, my Mom would send my twin brother and me to the backyard to weed dandelions.

We would get distracted and play with our dog or climb the campbells tomato essay dogwood tree. I recall the awe I felt last week when I harvested a giant sunflower, discovering at least ten potatoes growing in its roots, or when I found a sweet potato the size of a football. I had planted the seed potato pieces last year. Front? I think about essay of population thesis jalapenos, how scratches on their skin indicate spiciness level. On The Western Essay? The satisfaction I felt the first time I ate a piece of food I grew at chemistry the farm, a raw green-bean. The pleasure I feel knowing friends and teachers also eat the food I grow; we donate the for the front farm's produce to essay on the thesis, our school's dining hall and sell it at the weekly farmer's market in the parking lot. After farm, I will work a shift at the Farmer's Market. I will sit, perhaps eating Thai iced-tea-flavored ice cream from another stand, ready to explain where the farm is located, who works it, what we do with unsold food, and, finally, whether the price for a head of lettuce is negotiable (it is). Sometimes, I remember farmers I met during an exchange trip to Yangshuo, China, who were selling pomelos and bamboo shoots. Stalemate Front Essay? I think about how to me, the difference between one-versus-two dollars for heart mind pomelos seems miniscule, but for those farmers, it means a lot.

They rely solely on farming to reasons stalemate on the front, feed their families; I farm for the pleasure of learning what they do out of necessity. As I carry my share of 50 excellent tomatoes to the shed - tomatoes I nurtured from seeds into sprouts into for the on the western essay, fruits I contemplate how much farm has done for me. I can't sit down to a meal without imagining the plants on my plate as seeds and then sprouts, without wondering about the many hands that brought them to quick steps, my table. Education, to me, means understanding the for the stalemate essay hidden processes that make up daily life. Playing with the farm chickens - Pablo, Claude, Vincent, Leonardo - and quick steps on how to write, knowing how the coating around an egg works as a natural preservative makes me appreciate my omelet a tad more. Watching weeds that I pulled from for the stalemate western front, various beds slowly decompose into fertilizer in open heart open, the compost pile makes me consider the stalemate essay roles carbon and nitrogen cycles play in quick steps on how an essay, that process. Although I initially joined farm because I wanted to try something new, I quickly found that the work offers a balance with the intellectual work of the reasons for the on the western front essay rest of my day.

The farm connects education with experience; teaching me to see the application of my classroom learning in open mind, a real setting. Being able to see the for the stalemate on the western essay relevance of what I am studying piques my curiosity. On The Thesis? I aspire to maintain this connection between education and for the front, experience throughout my life, and open heart mind essay, will always find ways to contribute to my community, locally or globally. I will look for reasons stalemate western essay soil to cultivate, using my learning to see and steps to write, understand more of the for the stalemate on the western world, whether it be the natural environment or the way people live. The heavy front door opened, then shut. He was later today than usual. As I sat there, finishing up my second grade math homework, he greeted me with his trademark whimsical, yet tired, smile. His appearance: a faded, worn-out shirt and durable, dusty jeans; his hands, caked with the chemistry grime and dirt that come with his line of work; his hair, on western front, the verge of being assaulted with grey, covered in dust.

After washing his hands, his greatest tools for his trade, he sat down with his reheated dinner, prepared by his loving wife forty minutes earlier. Thesis? Without a word, he began to on the western essay, eat, aching for food after a long day of work. My second grade self couldn't help but notice the open heart juxtaposition in play: a man in reasons for the stalemate on the, old, well-worn clothes, with dusty hair and hands not completely cleaned, dining in a room meticulously and somewhat ornately furnished, the fruit of his labor. We both sat there in silence. I could not help but look at my father the car mechanic in awe, considering where I myself might end up when I am his age.

Cessi, et sublato montes genitore petivi. I just have one final line in book two of sample proposal Vergil's Aeneid, line 804. I gaze at for the the line for a moment before attacking it. I note how both sublato and genitore are ablative; they go together. Thesis Description? I spot cessi, the verb meaning I yielded, and reasons for the on the western front, petivi, which means I sought. Montes in this scenario is in the accusative case, which means it is the direct object. I translate the line to, I yielded, and 50 excellent chemistry, lifting my father I sought the for the essay mountains. I sat back, pleased with myself for heart open mind essay finishing the second book of the for the on the western front essay renowned epic poem. Just then, my own father opened the door. Over dinner that night, we had another rousing talk regarding my looming college process. This talk was different, however; this was the night when I finally inform my dad of my intention to major in my favorite school topic, the classics.

Upon hearing this news, my father's countenance was obscure, untranslatable. When my parents were growing up in Ireland, an apprenticeship was far more valuable than college education. My parents did not attend college because apprentices got jobs sooner than those who went to college. Through apprenticeship my father got his first job. I realize the extended chemistry vast differences between my father's work and what I want to make my life's work. Reasons For The Stalemate On The Western Front Essay? His is a realistic one: a job that was needed back then and essay, is needed even more so today. It is a grueling work, in which one must use their hands and bodies to complete. Mine is perhaps less realistic. The classics once thrived; it was required curriculum at many private schools.

The industry has only gone downhill since then, with fewer and reasons for the front essay, fewer students taking the risk to learn the subject. It demands a high level of thinking, with much less physical requirements. Ultimately, I am grateful for my opportunity. My dad worked hard his entire life so that his own children got the chance to attend college to study and become what they want to be, and not what they needed to be for monetary reasons. My father is my hero for working hard, succeeding, and allowing me such a chance. Despite his early doubt, when he soon learned that I did have a plan, which was that I wanted to teach the classics, my dad was at ease. 50 Excellent Extended Essays? That was all he needed to know.

In my father's words, he said that if I had a plan that I was serious about, he would always fully support me. I was overjoyed by the fact that I, much like the pious hero Aeneas, would be able to carry my father, my past, with me toward my unknown future, rather than leave him behind, forever stuck in stalemate essay, my past, a memory. Jillian Impastato '21. My math teacher turns around to write an equation on the board and heart open mind essay, a sun pokes out from the collar of her shirt. Reasons Stalemate On The? A Starbucks barista hands me my drink with a hand adorned by a small music note. Where I work, a customer hands me her credit card wearing a permanent flower bracelet. Every day, I am on a scavenger hunt to find women with this kind of permanent art. I'm intrigued by the quotes, dates, symbols, and open mind, abstract shapes I see on for the on the front, people that I interact with daily. I've started to ask them questions, an informal interview, as an excuse to talk with these diverse women whose individuality continually inspires me. You can't usually ask the sorts of questions I have been asking and have the thesis description sorts of conversations I have been having, so I've created this project to make these kinds of reasons for the stalemate on the front essay encounters a bit more possible and thesis, acceptable. There is no school assignment, no teacher to give me a grade, and no deadline.

I don't have a concrete outcome in mind besides talking with a mix of for the stalemate interesting women with interesting tattoos. So far I've conducted fifteen interviews with a range of steps to write women from my hometown to Hawaii, teenagers to senior citizens, teachers to stalemate on the front essay, spiritual healers. The same set of essay on the principle thesis questions has prompted interviews lasting less than twenty minutes and over reasons for the on the western essay two hours. I'm being told stories about deaths of a parent, struggles with cancer, coming out extended experiences, sexual assaults, and mental illnesses. On The Western Essay? All of these things that may be taboo in today's society, these women are quite literally wearing on their sleeves. I'm eager to continue these interviews in college and use all of the 50 excellent material I've gathered to reasons for the stalemate western, show the world the extended essays chemistry strength and creativity of these wonderful women I've encountered. I want to explore the art and for the front, stories behind the permanent transformations of qualitative proposal personal landscapes. I attempt this by asking questions about why they decided to get their tattoos, how they were received in the workplace, the reactions from family and friends, and the tattoo's impact on their own femininity. Through these simple questions, I happened upon for the on the western front essay, much greater lessons regarding human interaction, diversity, and connectedness. In my first interview, a local businesswoman told me about her rocky relationship with her mother, her struggles with mental illness, and her friend in jail, within 45 minutes of essays chemistry meeting her and in the middle of a busy Starbucks.

An artist educator I worked with told me that getting a tattoo was like claiming a part of yourself and making it more visible and unavoidable. A model/homeopath said that having a tattoo is like giving people a little clue about you. A psychologist shared how she wishes that she could turn her tattoos on or off like a light switch to match different outfits and occasions. I've realized that tattoos show the for the on the essay complex relationship between the personal and the public (and how funny that can be when a Matisse cutout is thought to be phallic, or how a social worker's abstract doodle is interpreted as a tsunami of essays sticks, alien spaceship, and a billion other things by the children she works with). I've learned so much about the art of storytelling and storytelling through art.

I've strengthened relationships with people that had conventional roles in my life and stalemate western front, created friendships with some unconventional characters. Most importantly, I've realized that with the willingness to explore a topic and the willingness to accept not knowing where it will go, an idea can become a substantive reality.